ICU07

10+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Optometry
Hi everyone!
I was just wondering if anyone had any information on where about I can practice Dentistry with a UK degree (BDS). I am very keen to work in Canada (considering I was originally born there, have citizenship and used to live there for a little while) but I am not too sure the exact process on how I would get there. I have been given many different responses. Some people say that you will have a good chance being let in to practice with a UK degree but I don't know.
I would even consider the US as well. If anyone has any general or personal information that they could share with me it would be greatly appreciated!
Please send any information on where I can practice with my degree and the process I need to take:)
MANY THANKS :)
I hope to hear from someone soon!!

Dr.Millisevert

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 4, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Hi everyone!
I was just wondering if anyone had any information on where about I can practice Dentistry with a UK degree (BDS). I am very keen to work in Canada (considering I was originally born there, have citizenship and used to live there for a little while) but I am not too sure the exact process on how I would get there. I have been given many different responses. Some people say that you will have a good chance being let in to practice with a UK degree but I don't know.
I would even consider the US as well. If anyone has any general or personal information that they could share with me it would be greatly appreciated!
Please send any information on where I can practice with my degree and the process I need to take:)
MANY THANKS :)
I hope to hear from someone soon!!

I would start pushing your dental school to start applying for US/Canadian accreditation with CODA: http://www.ada.org/prof/resources/pubs/adanews/adanewsarticle.asp?articleid=2524 If they get this.. you can work anywhere in the US or Canada you want.

Until they obtain this accreditation... you will either have to 1) redo your last two years of dental school in a US or Canadian dental school and graduate with a "local accredited degree". or.. 2) if you complete a specialty program or 2 years of general dental residency (GPR or AEGD) you can then obtain a license in up to 16-20 US states. (but not all of them)

These are your only real options for north america at the moment.

Good luck

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.