Dentists in the DFW Area, Give Me Your Teeth (Plz)!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aggietxdent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay well maybe not YOUR teeth, but if any of you dentists/dentists you know that don't mind having me drop off a bleach jar this summer to collect extracted teeth, please let me know! I'll be starting Dental school in August and was told I need to collect 60 teeth. My family dentist recently got charged on some legal stuff soooo I'm not going to bother them right now. I would really appreciate it. Anything at all will help. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Just call and oral surgeon office and tell them you are an entering student and you need teeth. You will get more teeth than you actually want.

Okay well maybe not YOUR teeth, but if any of you dentists/dentists you know that don't mind having me drop off a bleach jar this summer to collect extracted teeth, please let me know! I'll be starting Dental school in August and was told I need to collect 60 teeth. My family dentist recently got charged on some legal stuff soooo I'm not going to bother them right now. I would really appreciate it. Anything at all will help. Thanks!
If you can't collect them all right away it's no big deal. We didn't use them at all during fall semester. During spring we used 6 teeth total.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What is this tooth collecting about? Do all dental students need to do this?

My school asked us to collect teeth. Here's a brief "You will perform procedures on extracted teeth during the Oral Anatomy, Biomaterials, Operative Dentistry, and Endodontics courses.".

did they tell you to put them in bleach? They will turn super white and you lose the anatomy of grooves and caries

Go to your oral surgery clinic and ask to help out for the day. You'll collect all the teeth you'll need in a few visits. At my school they give you containers with the solution already in them to save the teeth in them. Easiest way I've found to collect teeth and you learn a few useful techniques for extractions.