Deployed to Iraq and looking for online Pre-Dental programs any help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SPC GREEN

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am wanting to get into the field of Prosthodontics. I am currently deployed to Iraq (for 12 more months) and i am looking for online schools for pre-dentistry. I was wondering if anyone knows any online colleges that has pre-dental programs. I will be able to job shadow at the dental facility on the base that i am at so that will not be an issue. After i get back from Iraq i will be getting out of the Army and staying in Hawaii for one more year until my fiance finishes Law School then will be transfering to the University of Missouri Kansas City (I attached the school prerequirements). I am stuck right now not being able to find a school with pre-dental programs and I dont want to waste the year not going to school, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
SPC Adam Green

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• SuggestedPredentalSchedule.pdf
    13.8 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
It is hard to do sciences online because of the labs...I don't know if thats possible.

I am wanting to get into the field of Prosthodontics. I am currently deployed to Iraq (for 12 more months) and i am looking for online schools for pre-dentistry. I was wondering if anyone knows any online colleges that has pre-dental programs. I will be able to job shadow at the dental facility on the base that i am at so that will not be an issue. After i get back from Iraq i will be getting out of the Army and staying in Hawaii for one more year until my fiance finishes Law School then will be transfering to the University of Missouri Kansas City (I attached the school prerequirements). I am stuck right now not being able to find a school with pre-dental programs and I dont want to waste the year not going to school, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
SPC Adam Green

It is hard to do sciences online because of the labs...I don't know if thats possible.

thats kinda what i was afraid of. do you think that doing the job shadowing would still be a good thing to do even though i might not be able to find any online classes?

Members don't see this ad :)
I doubt you will be able to find much in the way of online classes... You should definately job shadow as much as possible. Especially since it will be a huge draw in your interview. I'm sure your inteviewers would love to hear about dentistry in the field...

Take your GE classes online. You might be able to find some science courses online, but probably not recommended.

Last edited:
Maybe you can get your English requirements online. Science courses do not lend themselves too well to correspondence courses unless your only goal is to have a cursory knowledge, which is not going to do you any justice come time to take the DAT. Thinking of prosthodontics at this point in your life is a bit premature.

Go ahead and get your core requirements done online. I'm sure you can find some history, english, math classes online. good luck.

Go ahead and get your core requirements done online. I'm sure you can find some history, english, math classes online. good luck.
definitely go get tons of shadowing experience on the base, that will look great on the application

as for online classes, i was under the impression that they like to have them done at at least a community college, there was a thread about it a while back...i think doc toothache started it

I agree with the shadowing.

You can get fully accredited college credit from the following. To get a degree you'll either need to attend a semester in person or transfer your credits to another school and apply them to a degree. They even offer organic on line.

http://continue.utah.edu/distance/indstudy.php

Hooah.