Deposit paid at one school, accepted off waitlist at top choice. When to withdraw?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chobbes

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just accepted of the waitlist at my top choice school. I've already paid the full deposit at another school. When do I need to withdraw my acceptance from this school? Does it have to be before I accept and pay the deposit for my top choice? Or can it be after I ensure the payment has gone through, I've sent all the necessary forms, etc?

Members don't see this ad.

From AACOMAS Traffic Guidelines:

Starting April 1, osteopathic medical colleges report to AACOMAS the names and identification of candidates who have paid a deposit, hold a position at an osteopathic medical college entering class or both. After May 15, AACOMAS reports to each institution the names and candidates for its entering class who hold an acceptance(s) at additional institutions. An osteopathic medical college may rescind an offer of admissions to a candidate who has paid deposits to or holds positions at multiple institutions. If the osteopathic medical college chooses to withdraw the candidate from the entering class, the college must give the candidate a minimum 15-day notice. After the 15-day notice, if the candidate does not respond and is withdrawn from a college, the deposit is forfeited and the seat may be given to another candidate. Therefore, prior to May 15, applicants need to withdraw from any college(s) which they do not plan to attend and only hold a position at one college of osteopathic medicine to avoid having positions withdrawn.