Deposits

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by StarGirl, Jan 14, 2002.

1. StarGirl

StarGirl .....

just wondering is the due by date the postmark date or is it the date they are suppose to receive it by. :confused: don't want to watch my money go down the drain if i decide to go elsewhere...... :mad:

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Buckyball

Buckyball Play with my "Buckyballs"

Resident [Any Field]
    Hi Stargirl,

Usually, the school should tell you when the payment is due by.

For example, Columbia told me it has to be postmarked by January 15th, but Boston said they had to receive it by January 12th. They should tell you.

Bucky

4. StarGirl

StarGirl .....

Hey Buckyball,

did you decide where you are going? So far I only have heard from BU and i really don't want to pay the crazy deposit =(
    the BU letter doesn't really state if it's due by or post marked by.... :confused:
    still sitting by the mailbox.

5. reena

reena Member

hey stargirl,

i would call the admissions office for clarification. and if it IS late, i'm sure they'll understand. good luck!

6. Buckyball

Resident [Any Field]
    Hey Stargirl,

I decided on Columbia (after having agonized over the choice between Boston, Columbia, and Nova).

Although it doesn't say in the BU letter, the way it sounded was that it was due in their hands by the date stated (for me, the 12th).

I thought the deposit was outrageous for BU, and I also weighed in the fact that it's very expensive compared to Nova and columbia.

Where else do you have an acceptance?

If you have any other questions, you can PM me.

Bucky

7. StarGirl

StarGirl .....

Hey Reena and Bucky,

I called BU and they gave me a 15 day extention. It's just way too much money for their deposit, so now at least I'll be able to see if I get into another school. I'll call them again to make sure if it's due by or post marked by in a week or two....
    so far it's the only school I have been accepted too, I have three more interviews and waiting for Temple. I really want to go see Columbia! I called last friday and they guy said I should be hearing from them soon... but no word yet.
    Bucky are you going to Columiba for sure? What made you decide?
    Reena, where are you planning to go?
    Congrats to the both of you! ;)

Star =)

8. Buckyball

Resident [Any Field]
    Stargirl,

Thanks for the congrats. Yes, I've paid the deposit at Columbia, so as far as it stands now, I will be going to Columbia. But, I'm waiting on 6 other schools to make their decisions, so I won't know for sure yet.

I'm sure something else will turn up for you. Temple is in a bad neighbourhood (very bad) so I wouldn't even consider going there. BU is a good school, but it's expensive. Let me know if you get an interview into columbia.

Bucky

9. reena

reena Member

stargirl,

i have finally decided on upenn, after weeks of agonizing among upenn, columbia and uconn. in the earlier weeks, i was leaning more towards connecticut and columbia. connecticut seemed to have one of the most solid academic programs i've seen, yet living in farmington ct didn't give a real appeal. as for columbia... the expense of the city is way too high and i can't imagine living with my parents again at the age of 25. :D
    so the best choice was penn--an excellent school in a affordable city... plus, i'll be closer to my significant other. :)

good luck to you stargirl. i'm sure everything will pan out for the better.

reena

10. StarGirl

StarGirl .....

Hello Bucky and Reena

I GOT AN INTERVIEW FOR COLUMBIA yay!!! Maybe I'll be your classmate Bucky! :D Tell me about your interview...what type of questions etc should I expect?

Reena, I am still waiting for UPenn...only out of state school I am still really waiting to hear from! Hopefully soon :p

Star :)

11. Thebeyonder

Thebeyonder Senior Member

Medical Student
    reena,
    did you pay a deposit at Uconn?
    Because they have said that the class is full.
    If you paid the deposit and now are relinquishing it, then there will be an open spot.

12. Buckyball

Resident [Any Field]
    Hi Stargirl,

CONGRATS! Perhaps I'll see you at orientation in August (provided I am still going!)

The interview was pretty standard. Just be prepared to talk about your application, GPA and any fluctuations, why you chose to do your major, your hobbies, and so on.

It depends on the interviewer, but don't sweat it! Let me know what youthink.

Buckyball

13. LAGIRL

LAGIRL Junior Member

Buckyball,

Did you receive any additional information from Columbia after you send in your deposit, such as housing or general school info? When does school start?

LAGIRL

14. Buckyball

Resident [Any Field]
    Hi LAGIRL,

I just sent the deposit in last Friday. I believe they don't send you anything until april or may about housing and so on.

Hope this helps!

Buckyball

15. gradM.S.

gradM.S. Senior Member

Thebeyonder,
    How do you know that the UCONN class is already full?

16. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

17. reena

reena Member

thebeyonder,

i did not leave a deposit at uconn. good luck to you.

reena