MD Depression - Learning disability ? I do not know what i have

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alaaz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello guys , for the last 3 years i have been in so much stress and depression , i used to be a good student in college and the two first years of med school . The third year was my downfall , it all begun with me getting into a relationship with a toxic person that causrd me to be in so much stress and that period of time i did not study at all because i was sad and i have failed most of my exams.
From that time , i began experiencing wierd things about studying. When i open my book to study i feel like i am only reading words not processing them. I do not remember anything from what i have just read , even if i reread i always have the same feeling and i don't get what i am reading.

I can't even do active recall because the information is not getting into my brain . It is a strange feeling like i am reading just words on paprr without my mind understanding them or processing them.

I tried everything rewriting , rereading etc... but nothing works

I am deeply depressed and i am on meds right now ( Zoloft ) , i don't know what to do. Please i am begging for help from anyone who can, i want to be normal and study and succee and enjoy learning as i waz before. I have lost the way .

Members don't see this ad.

Four years ago you were a second year med students. And you’re a third year now? Something doesn’t sound right.

If this is indeed your 6th year at med school, you may need to take a break and realign your life.

Four years ago you were a second year med students. And you’re a third year now? Something doesn’t sound right.

If this is indeed your 6th year at med school, you may need to take a break and realign your life.
No i am in 6th year now , but i barely pass my exams

I'm sorry that you are going through this, but you have been informed several times that SDN is not for seeking medical advice. Nobody here can diagnose you with depression, a learning disorder, or anything else. Please seek formal medical care.

Thread closed.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.