Depression !!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WanabeDR

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
God why now? I was doing well during the whole semester in Biochem class (B+)(there is no one has A), except the last exam before the cumulative final. I don't know what happened but I got (D+) :( , and that means I will be lucky if I end up with B in this class. Anyway, what you do when you screw up like that? and how you guys doing in biochem generally? :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Ewwww.. I'm sorry. It happens to all of us at one point or another. There's not much you can do about it except pick youreself back up and move on. I wasn't a big fan of biochem either, but I don't have to take it here in optometry school (thank GOD!) Good luck with the rest of your finals! (If you're not done already)
:D

WanabeDR,

Don't worry about it. I was as happy as I could be to get a B in ANY of my classes. I actually made a couple of D's along the way. One was in Posterior Segment Disease Management and One was in Vision Therapy. I didn't care about Vision therapy then or now but I think making a bad grade in Post. seg made me work much harder to learn it. Ironically today I have a largely ocular disease practice.

I know it is easy to say don't worry after you have already graduated. But just do your best. You NOT going to get kick out for making a B (or even a C or D). And I PROMISE, NO ONE will ever ask you what your grades were after you graduate. At least they haven't asked me. Not an employer nor a patient. Grades are pretty much for you own personal enjoyment (or horror).

A's, B's, C's (and not too many D's) make an OD.

In dental school we say 2 D's and a satisfactory =
DDS. I actually got my first C's and D in dental school and am still graduating in 6 mos.