WanabeDR

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2001
Status (Visible)
God why now? I was doing well during the whole semester in Biochem class (B+)(there is no one has A), except the last exam before the cumulative final. I don't know what happened but I got (D+) :( , and that means I will be lucky if I end up with B in this class. Anyway, what you do when you screw up like that? and how you guys doing in biochem generally? :rolleyes:

cpw

It's a boy !!!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2001
Tampa
Status (Visible)
  1. Optometrist
Ewwww.. I'm sorry. It happens to all of us at one point or another. There's not much you can do about it except pick youreself back up and move on. I wasn't a big fan of biochem either, but I don't have to take it here in optometry school (thank GOD!) Good luck with the rest of your finals! (If you're not done already)
:D

TomOD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2001
North Carolina
Status (Visible)
WanabeDR,

Don't worry about it. I was as happy as I could be to get a B in ANY of my classes. I actually made a couple of D's along the way. One was in Posterior Segment Disease Management and One was in Vision Therapy. I didn't care about Vision therapy then or now but I think making a bad grade in Post. seg made me work much harder to learn it. Ironically today I have a largely ocular disease practice.

I know it is easy to say don't worry after you have already graduated. But just do your best. You NOT going to get kick out for making a B (or even a C or D). And I PROMISE, NO ONE will ever ask you what your grades were after you graduate. At least they haven't asked me. Not an employer nor a patient. Grades are pretty much for you own personal enjoyment (or horror).

A's, B's, C's (and not too many D's) make an OD.

Big_Poppa DDS

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2001
Sault Ste. Marie
Status (Visible)
In dental school we say 2 D's and a satisfactory =
DDS. I actually got my first C's and D in dental school and am still graduating in 6 mos.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.