Dermatology Clinical Research Fellowship at UTSW - Dallas, TX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

utsw derm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Clinical and Translational Research Opportunity
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
Department of Dermatology
Dallas, Texas

We are seeking a medical student (MS III or greater at inception of position) or MD for the opportunity to perform clinical and translational research at the Department of Dermatology at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas. The individual will have the chance to work with two faculty members engaged in clinical and translational research in autoimmune diseases.

Job Description:
Job duties include: recruiting/enrolling research patients, data entry into and maintenance of Registry databases, data analysis, maintenance of regulatory and IRB records/authorizations, and writing manuscripts. Highly motivated individuals with strong organizational, writing, and clinical skills and a genuine interest in pursuing clinical research are encouraged to apply. Prior research experience is not required. The individual will be funded based on their experience and education level.

Start date for the position is negotiable, although availability in June 2013 is preferred.

How to Apply:
Applicants should send a CV (with USMLE scores) to:

Jo Urquhart
[email protected]
Education Coordinator
Department of Dermatology
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas

Members don't see this ad.

Excellent place for research, I would highly recommend it.

Ditto what was said. I have a friend who took on this very position and they had a great year. Let me tell you that not all research fellowship positions are equal and I was definately jealous of my buddy''s experience. He worked full time with 2 different PIs (one working on cutaneous lupus, the other on morphea), spending about 50% of the time in clinic. There was always a lot to do, but he worked hard and was very productive (i.e. published quite a bit) during his time there. The previous fellow was a post-PGY1, but I guess from this post, MSIII and above is ok too.

Not to mention that UTSW is a powerhouse derm program...