Des Moines Housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JBOMBARD

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If any current DMU students could give me some advice on apartments or houses to rent in the Des Moines area I would greatly appreciate it. I will be moving out soon to get ready to start school in August. My wife and I have a dog and a cat and she says we have to have w/d connections. So far I haven't had much luck finding anything affordable so I was hoping some of you might have some good ideas. Thanks alot I'm looking forward to joining you all soon.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there,

You've got lots of options. Many students choose to live in West Des Moines, which usually takes about 10 minutes driving. There's more townhouse styles over there, which would probably be a better fit for what you're looking for.

Try these websites:
www.venturellc.com (the management company of my apartment, they have property all over)
www.apartments.com (include Des Moines, Clive, Urbandale, and West Des Moines in your search, these are all within a short drive of campus)
http://www.dmu.edu/osa/housing.htm

The one place that I can think of that you might be interested in is called Reilly Grand (3215 Grand Avenue) right across the street from campus. They offer 3-story townhouses (with w/d hookup, I believe) that go for around $800/month, last I heard. I'll try to get their phone number for you tomorrow.

Thank you very much for your help! I'll try those out and hopefully find something good. We are really excited about moving out there and getting started. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving and good luck with your classes!
Jason B

Members don't see this ad :)
Jason,

The number for those Reilly Grand townhouses is 515-255-3475.

When is your family planning on moving? Let me know if there's anything I can do to help!

Jane

Those are really nice townhomes. I checked them out last year, you also might want to try Knapp properities, they are a realestate group that owns a whole lot of rental properites in and around DSM. I'll dig up their phone # for you.

Thanks guys, it is really nice knowing I am going to be at a school where there are people willing to help each other. I will hopefully be moving out there in March or April (I wouldn't mind missing out on the worst of winter one last time!)
Jason

People say it doesn't even begin to warm up until the end of April...I'm freezing my butt off some days already, and it's just the beginning.

Anyway, we're all just so full of love here. Just ask Jenny. ;)