Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Des Moines Interviews

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by mcb16, Mar 21, 2000.

1. mcb16

mcb16 Junior Member

I applied for 2000 and my packet was complete Febr. 28th. I know it is a late application but does anyone know how long it typically takes to hear if you will get an interview??

My stats are 3.0 cumm, 3.6 science and 27 MCAT. I am 32 and the science classes are all post bacc. Low cumm due to irresponsible attitude as an undergrad 10 yrs ago.

Thanks for any help!!

2. Stasch@DMU

10+ Year Member

I dont know what the AVERAGE is for an interview, but when I sent my stuff in, I heard back within a month. However, that happened in September/October when interviews were just getting started. I know that when I confirmed my interview date, they said that has been hectic because they had a lot of people to interview. Maybe you could just drop them a note asking when a decision is to be made.
    I totally fell in love with the school once I toured there and if you have questions about the DMU or interviews, let me know. Otherwise, a good site to check out is www.interfeedback.com
    Good luck

Stasch

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ntxawmx

ntxawmx Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Stasch,

What did you like about DMU the most? I'm thinking about applying this year.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Stasch@DMU

10+ Year Member

ntxawmx, (?)
    By far, the students and faculty! I would not be lying if I said that 90% of the students we saw on campus stopped and asked us how the day was going. You just got a real warm sense about the place. Noboday was "out to get" anyboday esle. Even after the interview, I was invited downtown with a bunch of student to celebrate my interview and them just getting done with a major histo exam. Also, I like the severe emphasis on PATIENT care and not treating a diease. They told us they are very strict on the small things that matter - for instance warming up an instrument before you place it on the patient, telling him/her what you are doing, how to just listen, things like that. The school itself is the second biggest osteopathic school, however, it is not affiliated with another BIG unversity which makes the campus seem intimate. Drake College is just down the street and the 2 schools often plan activities together - for instance the Malpractice Bowl which is a week long seris of events ended with a formal put on by the medical students of DMU and law students of Drake. All in all, I just like the school.

So you are from Woodbury? I go to school in River Falls!! A bunch of my friends are from Woodbury too. If you have any questions or concerns please let me know. Maybe we could even meet at Barnes and Noble for a coffee and to chat about DMU or admissions in general.

Hope this helps,
    Stasch

------------------
    DMU
    Class of 2004