Des Moines University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I am interviewing at Des Moines in two weeks and would like to know if anyone has information (or knows a website) that talks about early clinical exposure and locations of clinical rotations. The school's website doesn't say much about these. I am wondering which states have Des Moines affiliated hospitals to do rotations and which rotations

Thanks a bunch!

Mike

Members don't see this ad.

IndyMike
I live in Des Moines and I work as a nurse at one of the hospitals. If you were wondering there are five hospitals in Des Moines. Mercy, Methodist-lutheran, Blank, and General. I am sure you will be doing several rotations in any of these hospitals. My floor we have residents in the DO program and PA and NP programs also. I don't know if this helps.

[This message has been edited by Pebbles (edited 12-27-1999).]

Pebbles,
You forgot Broadlawns Hospital! also a site for DMU students.

Mike,
When you are at the interview, talk to the student tour guides. Ours were very helpful. It sounds like Ohio and Michigan are big areas for rotations. the school makes a point of telling you they do not have enough rotations for everyone to do every rotation in Des Moines, and that you may have to do one or more out or town/state.
Do a search on this site, I remember a thread not long ago on this same subject.

Members don't see this ad :)
yes Broadlawns is a VA hospital. Oops I sometimes forget that hospital because of its different status.

Broadlawns is a County hospital, mainly serving those without insurance or medicaid. There is ALSO a VA hospital.