Des Moines

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SD

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey - anyone going to Des Moines this upcoming week??

------------------
Sara
Class of 2004 at XXXXX

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Sarah, I will be going to Des Moines the following week. Please let me know how your interview goes. Good Luck.

------------------
Mike

To all you Des Moines Interviewees,

Although I chose not to attend UOM&HS, I must say I enjoyed the interview process (last year). You can expect a very friendly and diverse student body, witty administrators, and the campus is a little unusual and interesting. You can also expect to go through all the standard activities before the interview. Now for the good stuff... the interview is a panel consisting of a student (mine was an M4), a basic science prof, and a clinician of some variety. That is good to know because at the end of the interview, if you really want to put the iceing on the cake, you can ask really "good" questions that are well directed at each of those interviewers. One point you'll want to probe is their curriculum. They call it "systems based" and frankly its why I chose not to go there. Understand it thoroughly before you make any big decisions. Other than that, don't sweat it. You'll hear over and over again that interviews are just a get-to-know-you session and I believe that is the case in Des Moines.

Brad

PS - Their cafeteria is better than ours.

Brad,
Could you elaborate on systems based learning? Compare and contrast to what you have at your school.

Thanks.