Describe yourself?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newdude

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Describe yourself? - Albany's secondary question

anyone care to tell me what angle you used.

Members don't see this ad.

Describe who you are.

talk about your strenghts,and abilities...

personal...
and much more

newdude said:

I put in a little bit of certain personality traits along with some interests/hobbies. I didn't point out any weaknesses 'cause no reason to put out blood for the sharks this soon. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
newdude said:

That question was terrible! I just rambled on about whatever I could think to put down that didn't sound too stupid or conceited. I applied there last year too, and I definitely don't remember that question being on their secondary then.

I disagree. I put one weakness. I think it shows humility to show weaknesses. Honestly, whichever I bet either approach is fine. I put mostly my characteristics and how I show them through my actions.

i called them before i sent my secondary and they said that it's purposefully vague (duh) and that applicants have a range of type of answers. so just put whatever you feel like.

USArmyDoc said:
I disagree. I put one weakness. I think it shows humility to show weaknesses. Honestly, whichever I bet either approach is fine. I put mostly my characteristics and how I show them through my actions.

I used a different approach since they didnt specifically ask for weakness. Unless one wants to say how they grew and improved on their weakness. Also remember 1000 characters is not enough to describe yourself fully. So pick something in your life (hobby, experience, tragedy, family etc) that perhaps has affected your personality. It is an open-ended question that you have to scale to a specific aspect of yourself.

Good luck to the OP and every one else