Describe yourself

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anmol

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, is anyone else having as hard a time as Im having answering this question for Albany??????????????? I have had this secondary for at least 2 weeks already and its still not out. For those of you that have done this already or any one that has a suggestion can you tell me how you would answer this question??????????????????? Becasue I need to send this out soon!!!

Thanx

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the exact same boat. Me thinks that I'll sit down and freewrite this afternoon. Don't worry about character limits, just get lots of stuff on paper. At the very least, we should stop procrasitinating on SDN!

On the bright side, I have not heard of anyone even receiving the Albany Secondary before two weeks ago. Hopefully, getting submitting it in mid September is still early.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay, I'm not applying to NYMC but here is how I would attack this question:

If I were a multi-pierced, anarchist who ate babies but, for some reason wanted to go to medical school - would I tell them about the above? NO! Why not? Because thats not what they want to hear. I'm not saying completely make it up, but what this question is really asking is a two-fold one:

"Why would you make a good doctor"
"What is unique about you"

So think about what characteristics make a good doctor. Responsible, self-less, motivated, enthusiastic, good communicator, scientifically oriented, etc etc etc. How do you exhibit these characteristics? Paint a picture. Don't say I am a caring leader who likes people. Instead give an example of 'what you are like' eg the above might be demonstrated in a particular clinical experience. Be specific.

However, what makes you unique? Imagine everyone is an ideal 'proto-doctor'. What would you add to the class? Do you have the perspective of a URM, economically disadvantaged, strong research, passion for music.

ie in reality I don't think this question is asking anything that much different from most 2ndaries.

You need to show that you have the qualities desirable in a doctor, and that there is something unique or interesting about you.

Originally posted by the boy wonder
If I were a multi-pierced, anarchist who ate babies but, for some reason wanted to go to medical school - would I tell them about the above? NO!

so, umm, just to clarify [clear throat], boy wonder, you're not a multi-pierced, anarchist who ate babies, are you? ;)

Originally posted by pocwana
so, umm, just to clarify [clear throat], boy wonder, you're not a multi-pierced, anarchist who ate babies, are you? ;)

only the multi-pierced bit was true ;)

i eat babies. :D