Despair

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zn1988

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I really need help at verbal, reading and biology. Would someone give me a hint, please. :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

For the desperate student who always bombs the verbal, I would suggest working on reading more often (maybe a good 3 hours a day-dense material). Secondly, I would train myself to write for three hours straight to improve your stamina for these types of standarized exams.

I attended law school and they expect you to read 200-400 pages a week of dense material and expect you to discuss the important concepts in class standing up by yourself.

If you can't read a PCAT passage and discuss it effectively so that others will understand you, you will have no chance when it comes to answering questions about the passage.

I agree with the previous posts. I used PCAT Professor online. I took the PCAT in January and even though I didn't do well with Chemistry (not much time to study) I did get a 90 on verbal.
The program is relatively inexpensive and it gives you lots of randomly generated questions.

I really need help at verbal, reading and biology. Would someone give me a hint, please. :scared:

For reading comprehension, I recommend Examkrackers' 1001 Questions in Verbal Reasoning. This book is for the MCAT, but the style of the passages is the same and somewhat more difficult. The book was good practice for me as I earned a 94 on the reading comprehension section on the PCAT.

If you are having problems with the verbal section, see if you can get an old College Board SAT book that had these problems in the SAT before College Board modified the test. These problems are slightly simpler than the PCAT, but not too bad. At the very least, the problems help teach you how to approach a verbal problem.

As for biology, I think a good general biology textbook will do coupled with a decent test-prep book.