Desparate for Help and Advice!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jingojango

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys:

I'm new here so please go easy on me.

I actually have a two pronged question.

I recently submitted my ERAS application for a bunch of Anaesthesia programs but have not assigned personal statements to the programs as yet.

The reason why I sort of rushed the application process is because I wanted to get my application thru before my step 2 grades come out. See I did pretty well on Step 1 but feel kinda queasy about my soon to be known score for Step 2 (took it 8/20).

So here are the questions:

How long do I have to put in the personal statement before programs start rejecting my application on the basis of incompleteness?

And, is there any way I can get a mulligan or trash my Step 2 score altogether (or at least keep it from entering my applcation)? - Now I already opted out of the automatic retransmit option on ERAS, but the transcipt they get will still have my Step 2 exam date listed, no?

Any help would be much, much appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Jingojango
Hey Guys:

I'm new here so please go easy on me.

I actually have a two pronged question.

I recently submitted my ERAS application for a bunch of Anaesthesia programs but have not assigned personal statements to the programs as yet.

The reason why I sort of rushed the application process is because I wanted to get my application thru before my step 2 grades come out. See I did pretty well on Step 1 but feel kinda queasy about my soon to be known score for Step 2 (took it 8/20).

So here are the questions:

How long do I have to put in the personal statement before programs start rejecting my application on the basis of incompleteness?

And, is there any way I can get a mulligan or trash my Step 2 score altogether (or at least keep it from entering my applcation)? - Now I already opted out of the automatic retransmit option on ERAS, but the transcipt they get will still have my Step 2 exam date listed, no?

Any help would be much, much appreciated

Interviews are offered primarily on step 1 scores, so your essay usually isn't read until the day before the interview by most programs, but i would wait too long, some may read it sooner.

As for the step 2, i think when you assign your essay to the program you will have to retransmitt your data, and that might send the step 2 score if it is in. It has been a year since i did this stuff, i could be wrong. :(