Destroyer Bio - too much details!!! wtf..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

totheblue

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
empty

Members don't see this ad.

what's the irrelevant stuff you're referring to? as far as i'm concerned, most of it is relevant and fair game. haven't you heard? they've been making some pretty serious readjustments to the bio section....lots of oddball bio questions.....wouldn't trivialize anything in the bio section.

you might want to hit the books again before you start doing problems because DAT destroyer bio is pretty easy! I look at it like this, its better to know alot more than you need too rather than not knowing enough

Ok, i got the destroyer since everyone seems to talk about it.
When I just started the bio section, I was like wtf...

honestly, I think 50% of this biostuff is irrelevant to the actual DAT.
too much details that will not be helpful and will only confuse you more.

thanks for making me waste my $160...

lol i agree

Members don't see this ad :)
so wait...let me get this striaght..you haven't taken the DAT and you're writing off the Destroyer bio? not so smart move...

i have over 600 posts, so if you don't want to believe me then that is your problem.. the destroyer bio was designed to drill you with questions/concepts that those with only a basic bio foundation would miss on the actual DAT. i found the destroyer questions to contain the perfect amount of detail for the actual DAT. true, many of the questions on the actual dat were much easier....but these questions nobody should miss..they were freebies. then there are other questions that would appear to be out of left field unless you had a deeper bio foundation & that is where the destroyer is helpful.

so, like i said believe me or not, but i'm kinda offended because dr.R and nancy have worked very hard to create an awesome product....and for someone to come on here and post unjustifiable slander is not cool...

jb! over n out! :)

I don't have JB's post count, but I have taken the DAT using Destroyer. I personally didn't find the content of destroyer's bio section all that difficult. What made it difficult was the way it was presented. The questions would mix multiple topics into a single question forcing you to have knowledge across areas. The real DAT dosen't do this, all the choices will be related to a single topic. If you are having trouble with the content itself, you should probably study some more and save destroyer for when you are more ready.

5K posts,met the doc and nancy more than once...do i qualify? the bio may be full of details,but its what you need to know. and if anything else,its good practice.

PS: my aa and ts were 99.X percentile,does that make you feel any better?

Buddy, im not quite sure what you mean when you say the destroyer is a waste of money. First of all, you are only focusing on the biology section. There are three more sections in the destroyer other than bio. Second of all, the bio section is probably the closest geared to the actual DAT Bio questions, so if you are thinking there is too much detail in the explained answers I would try to bone up on my Biology before writing off such a great tool. My suggestion would be to start building yourself a stronger base in Bio, for ex use the Kaplan Blue Book and then when you feel that you know the material pretty well reopen the Destroyer and see how well it cuts out the BS and gives you the facts you need to know.
Good luck

Ok, i got the destroyer since everyone seems to talk about it.
When I just started the bio section, I was like wtf...

honestly, I think 50% of this biostuff is irrelevant to the actual DAT.
too much details that will not be helpful and will only confuse you more.

thanks for making me waste my $160...

I actually think it was one of the best investments I made... ESPECIALLY for bio.. The questions do cover a lot of material, but 95% of it was stuff you needed... When it comes time for the real deal, you'll be happy you covered all the material in that book.. Its like when a ball player goes on deck with a weighted bat and takes practice swings.. I personally thought it was a huge help.. Just my opinion tho..

Hey, i read your post about destroyer...but lemme tell u...i used all the sources, kaplan, topscore, and destroyer for bio. i wound up with 24 in bio section. and in my opinion, destroyers bio was most helpful. it forced you to know everything and the detail is very important...i agree with everyone else...first review ur bio stuff...then go to destroyer. then ull see why its invaluable. good luck buddy.

so wait...let me get this striaght..you haven't taken the DAT and you're writing off the Destroyer bio? not so smart move...

i have over 600 posts, so if you don't want to believe me then that is your problem.. the destroyer bio was designed to drill you with questions/concepts that those with only a basic bio foundation would miss on the actual DAT. i found the destroyer questions to contain the perfect amount of detail for the actual DAT. true, many of the questions on the actual dat were much easier....but these questions nobody should miss..they were freebies. then there are other questions that would appear to be out of left field unless you had a deeper bio foundation & that is where the destroyer is helpful.

so, like i said believe me or not, but i'm kinda offended because dr.R and nancy have worked very hard to create an awesome product....and for someone to come on here and post unjustifiable slander is not cool...

jb! over n out! :)

^^^ Agreed with everything jb (and everyone else who replied to this post) has said.
'Totheblue'... we all had this initial shock with the destroyer material being kind of tough, but u'll be the same person on test day actually laughing at some of the questions/traps that the ADA might throw ur way. Also, please re-read ur comments before u post'em --> that's pretty ignorant for not having even taken the exam and making false accusations. And, Be thankful that on ur first attempt u'll have such strong study material on ur side. Now, go hit the books again and quite complaining.

Best of luck on ur exam,
-Babbersher