Destroyer Biology + Plants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2PacClone23

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
1) Destroyer Biology looks freakin' nuts! It's really....out there with obscure questions. Is it even worth looking over this?

2) How much do we have to know about plants? I know the life cycle is important, and the whole chloroplast stuff, but what about monocots, dicots, and other random stuff? How much detail for plants?

Members don't see this ad.

I think you should be prepared for 1-2 plant questions based on the ADA outline, but of course it varies from test to test.

Cover the haplodiplontic life cycle for sure (you can find your way through ANY life cycle question after that), and know general structure (xylem, phloem, mesophil, vascular bundle, etc.) That should be good enough to get you one question for sure if it comes up and put you in good shape to eliminate choices and make a good guess in the second one.

If you want to dig deeper than that, go for it, but it really is diminishing rewards after that...sharply diminishing.

I think you should be prepared for 1-2 plant questions based on the ADA outline, but of course it varies from test to test.

Cover the haplodiplontic life cycle for sure (you can find your way through ANY life cycle question after that), and know general structure (xylem, phloem, mesophil, vascular bundle, etc.) That should be good enough to get you one question for sure if it comes up and put you in good shape to eliminate choices and make a good guess in the second one.

If you want to dig deeper than that, go for it, but it really is diminishing rewards after that...sharply diminishing.

Yeah that's what I figured.