SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

destroyer gchem #121 mistake

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by osimsDDS, Jun 20, 2008.

1. osimsDDS

osimsDDS 5+ Year Member

Jun 8, 2007
    I believe i found a mistake in destroyer gchem #121

its an easy heat of reaction problem that takes 2 seconds to do but their answer is wrong...its supposed to be B (-250) but they say its A...someone back me up on this thanks...
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Glycogen

Glycogen 2+ Year Member

Jan 24, 2008
    I've got -550.I think the answer is right.
    You don't change the sign of any of them since they are in the right position,and you just need to divide both reactions by 2 and then add them up.
    -400+(-150)= -550
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  4. harrygt

harrygt 2+ Year Member

Jun 16, 2008
    I don't have destroyer. Put up the question if you want.
  5. osimsDDS

osimsDDS 5+ Year Member

Jun 8, 2007
    crap my bad your right nvm somehow i subtracted b/c i just woke up and thought it was dH of bad thanks
  6. Dmitry Malayev

Dmitry Malayev 2+ Year Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Queens, New York
    :laugh: It's funny how everyone tries to find mistakes in these books. I haven't found a single mistake in Destroyer or in Kaplan as of yet. But i did find a couple in Barons, that's why i don't like using it.
  7. doc toothache

doc toothache 10+ Year Member

Jan 17, 2006

Every question we get wrong is, by definition, a mistake in the book until proven otherwise.
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  8. Montserrat

Montserrat Proud of my Pats 5+ Year Member

Aug 15, 2007
    If you've purchased updates to the destroyer, you'll notice that a section is dedicated towards amending typos/answer choice errors. They certainly do make mistakes - I found two in an earlier addition when I prepped for the DAT.