destroyer gchem #121 mistake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osimsDDS

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I believe i found a mistake in destroyer gchem #121

its an easy heat of reaction problem that takes 2 seconds to do but their answer is wrong...its supposed to be B (-250) but they say its A...someone back me up on this thanks...

Members don't see this ad.

I've got -550.I think the answer is right.
You don't change the sign of any of them since they are in the right position,and you just need to divide both reactions by 2 and then add them up.
-400+(-150)= -550

Last edited:
I believe i found a mistake in destroyer gchem #121

its an easy heat of reaction problem that takes 2 seconds to do but their answer is wrong...its supposed to be B (-250) but they say its A...someone back me up on this thanks...

I don't have destroyer. Put up the question if you want.

I've got -550.I think the answer is right.
You don't change the sign of any of them since they are in the right position,and you just need to divide both reactions by 2 and then add them up.
-400+(-150)= -550

crap my bad your right nvm somehow i subtracted b/c i just woke up and thought it was dH of reaction...my bad thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
:laugh: It's funny how everyone tries to find mistakes in these books. I haven't found a single mistake in Destroyer or in Kaplan as of yet. But i did find a couple in Barons, that's why i don't like using it.

:laugh: It's funny how everyone tries to find mistakes in these books. I haven't found a single mistake in Destroyer or in Kaplan as of yet. But i did find a couple in Barons, that's why i don't like using it.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Every question we get wrong is, by definition, a mistake in the book until proven otherwise.

Last edited:

If you've purchased updates to the destroyer, you'll notice that a section is dedicated towards amending typos/answer choice errors. They certainly do make mistakes - I found two in an earlier addition when I prepped for the DAT.