Details of advanced education program in upcoming PASS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ShaunT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, my first post here. I will soon be starting a 1 year cert. program which is kind of an aegd at a reputed dental school. The same starts in July like all other post grad programs- now I was wondering how I should go about -including this program's details in my PASS application . Since the PASS opens up in May- and I am interested in applying for Pedo.

1) should i just include the details of the this program in my statement of purpose and pass application before it starts- stating what all the curriculum includes etc- since it has a lot of direct patient handling and treatment with less focus on didactics. I definitely can't wait for July to send my PASS application (or shoudl I?) - or can I just update them later when I join the program.

2) Is it ok if I apply to two specialities at the same school- in case of colleges with direct application. I know it is not possible with PASS - since the same essays, reccommendations are forwarded.

3) Do i need to register for the MATCH at the same time as PASS (since i am applying for pedo) or should I wait for phase 2 of match to start and only then apply?

It's all too confusing. Please help. Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

1. Just include everything your funky 1 year program includes in your cv and some basics in that extra curric...you can elucidate and fill in actual experience at the interview

2. You can use pass to apply to two specialties at the same school/program...i did this last year

3. I would register for match as soon as you can as many programs will require your match number

1. Just include everything your funky 1 year program includes in your cv and some basics in that extra curric...you can elucidate and fill in actual experience at the interview

2. You can use pass to apply to two specialties at the same school/program...i did this last year

3. I would register for match as soon as you can as many programs will require your match number

Funky :D.... thanks though. appreciate it.
Just a bit more info on the 2nd part- this will be the first time I am applying through pass- so haven't seen the format etc. Does it allow us to upload different reccommendation letters/ppi for the different speciality programs and essays too. I mean - say i apply to perio and pedo.... I will have to have two essays, one speaking all about perio stuff and other about pedo stuff right..?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
You can upload as many letters of rec as you want and then decide which ones go to each program...same with your personal essays...they also ask you to manually submit a cv and you can obviously be selective on that as well

So for mine that were specialty specific i obviously couldn't universally apply them...i had to ask all of my LOR writers to read what they wrote since not all of them were made aware i was applying to more than one type of program

You can upload as many letters of rec as you want and then decide which ones go to each program...same with your personal essays...they also ask you to manually submit a cv and you can obviously be selective on that as well

So for mine that were specialty specific i obviously couldn't universally apply them...i had to ask all of my LOR writers to read what they wrote since not all of them were made aware i was applying to more than one type of program

thank you. I think I got it...

There are no LOR. It is PEF (almost a LOR, but it is not) or a PPI.There was a lot of confusion about this last year......dagone

Grow up...u dagone dweeb

dagone.......you must of been bent over one too many times.........providing false info.....name calling.......better sign on the line and work for the man at a gov't job.....they love inaccuracies.