Detroit: Back on top!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hubble

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After suffering such recent blows as losing the title of "syphilis capital of the united states." Detroit has had a banner year. Starting by regaining it's Most dangeous city title. Now Forbes magazine has named Detroit the "most miserable city in the united states." the study was done by a portland oregon company which calculted a "misery score." other winners included #2 Stockton California, #3 Flint Michigan and rounding out the top 5 New York and LA.

Members don't see this ad.

Stockton has a mosquito outbreak problem in the middle of a drought because of the number of unattended swimming pools behind foreclosed homes. Thank you Alan Greenspan.

Members don't see this ad :)
NYC and LA, really?

NYC and LA, really?

The people in L.A. are very miserable. This probably has something to do with the 5 hours daily they spend sitting stopped on multi-billion dollar highways.

Detroit should be #1 for worst roads in the country. The potholes there have all become confluent.

Really excited about next year's Surgery rotation in Flint! Yeah #3!

The people in L.A. are very miserable. This probably has something to do with the 5 hours daily they spend sitting stopped on multi-billion dollar highways.

they could not be more miserable than northeast-coasters
and at least they're sitting in their hours of traffic in bmw's : )

And at least their sitting in traffic next to the beach!

Screw that. You lost me with "they're sitting in cars".

I get inpatient when I'm at a "Temple traffic jam", i.e. I'm at a traffic light > 4 minutes. :)

Take care,
Jeff