Detroit Mercy Anyone??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

who knows...

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about what is going on there???:confused:
I e-submitted my application in september but did not finish sending in the last letter of recommendation until early February...
I'm really getting nervous :scared:
Any info would help :)
Thanx!

Members don't see this ad.

hey hows it goin. i dont have any hard facts, but I know from applying last year that detroit mercy takes their sweet time sendin' things. thats a good thing though, because they don't cut you out early. as long as you are recieving your monthly "update" letter (If you don't know what i'm talking about, i suggest that you call them). i'm a 1st year dental student right now at UDM, and plenty of people in my class got accepted "late" in the application process. anyone who is for sure going to UDM, or has an upcomming interview, let me know and I'll give ya the scoop on the place! (I love it, don't listen to anyone who says otherwise)

Thank you very much for the reply :D
Made me feel better!

Do you know until when they interview by any chance?

When I call to ask them about any updates I basically get turned down and asked to wait for those montly updates...but it takes forever to get them as I'm applying from Canada :mad:

I'll keep my hopes up though!

Also, with Spring Break coming around the corner, do the offices close too and all application processes are put on hold??

Thanx!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm proud and excited to be a Detroit Mercy dental student next year.

Yo tambien. Have they sent you financial aid info yet. I submitted my fafsa a month ago and havnet heard back from them yet.

Yo tambien. Have they sent you financial aid info yet. I submitted my fafsa a month ago and havnet heard back from them yet.

There was a pamphlet of information about costs and financial aid in some packet(s) I got from them. I haven't filled out FAFSA or anything like that, when is the deadline? I really need to get on that. Thanks.

(also, is FAFSA for need-based aid or scholarship? i.e. do I have to pay it back when I'm done?)

I think it is mid march for udm (call to verify). Some of the money given out by fafsa is free in the form of grants and scholarships. But I think the majority of money is loans, subsidized and unsubsidized.

I'm proud and excited to be a Detroit Mercy dental student next year.

oh I really hope I can say that too one day!!!!!!!!!

Do you mind me asking what your stats are like?

I'm 3.4ish (avg of all the different GPAs aadsas has on there!), (AA19/PAT19/TS20), volunteering, etc...

I think what's really gonna hurt me is not finishing my application till Feb :scared:

I just filled out my FAFSA the other day and emailed the fin. aid coordinator...she said that if you filled out FAFSA you just have to wait for them to compile your awards package. I am going on the military scholarship but I might take out a small loan just in case. Oh, and if you didn't already know...there's a facebook group for the "UDM class of 2011"...my computer is being funny so I can't paste the link here...but just type in "UDM class of 2011"...should be fine. later!

I refuse to use myspace.....or the face book.