Detroit Mercy vs. Case Western

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentalStudent45

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
This choice has been difficult to say the least. The cost is relatively the same for both schools for me. I have family and friends closer to Detroit, but Case's small class size is appealing. I do not mind if I end up living in Detroit or Cleveland either way. Any current students could chime in?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Don't know too much about the residency programs between Mercy and Case Western. However, I personally don't think the class size matter in terms of dental education. If I were you, I would go cheaper and choose the one more close to my family and friends.

Reactions: 1 user
They are both good, so yes this is the time to choose whichever is cheaper. I know U of D is pricey as hell, I think Case is lesser so.

If I were you I would want to go to Detroit Mercy. I chose Detroit Mercy as to the potential destination where I want to finish my dental education. It was a battle against MWU-IL, USC, Indiana, Marquette, or BostonU. I chose UDM over these 5 other schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
UDM is in quite possibly the sketchiest location ever. I was absolutely mortified by the surrounding area when I interviewed there. I do not know about the location of Case Western's d-school, but if it is anything better than UDM, go there and don't look back.

Reactions: 1 users
I'd pick Case. 1) They have a brand new building, 2) small class size, 3) it is not located in Detroit.

Reactions: 1 users