developing dyslexia?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
N

NP545

I've noticed that recently whenever I read something, I don't understand it the first time, and have to go back and reread it 2-4 more times for it to sink in. The first time I read it, it just has no effect on my comprehension, and I remember very little of it (whether it be a sentence or paragraph). This is for both easy and complex materials. I feel like I am beginning to develop dyslexia, partially. Has anyone else here experienced similar circumstances? How did you overcome it and be able to fix your reading again?

Taking the MCATs soon, and I know that re-reading the material more times than I need to will negatively impact my score. What to do?

Members don't see this ad.

Based on your post history I'd suggest improving your trolling skills.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Based on your post history I'd suggest improving your trolling skills.
... please tell me how this is a troll post. Do you think I'm going to waste my own time posting something useless on this page rather than doing something more productive?

Seriously though, I'm having a tough time retaining what I read recently. Maybe it has something to do with my reading style. Any suggestions on good reading styles that help understanding? I try not to be a passive reader but I guess I end up doing just that even while forcing myself to read actively.

be disciplined about sleeping enough every night
drink at least 2 L of water a day
eat well
do more casual reading
reddit.com/r/nootropics

if doing all of the above consistently for at least 1+ month doesn't yield any improvements, you should probably see a psychiatrist.

... please tell me how this is a troll post. Do you think I'm going to waste my own time posting something useless on this page rather than doing something more productive?
Your threads/posts are repeats with slight variations on the same neurotic themes.

It's not dyslexia, it's a focusing problem. I can read something 20 times and not understand it if I'm thinking about something else.

I would try to go talk to a psychologist about this. It sounds like performance anxiety. If you are concerned about dyslexia perhaps go to get tested and go from there.