Diabetic foot ulcer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BMBiology

temporarily banned~!
Removed
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone- I am doing research on the treatment of diabetic foot ulcer. Does anyone know where I can find reliable information regarding the treatment and the different organisms that cause diabetic foot ulcer? Much appreciated!!!

Members don't see this ad.

BMBiology said:
Hello everyone- I am doing research on the treatment of diabetic foot ulcer. Does anyone know where I can find reliable information regarding the treatment and the different organisms that cause diabetic foot ulcer? Much appreciated!!!

My father had one about 7 or 8 years ago and all the doctors he saw in NYC (where we live) wanted to amputate. Luckily, we found a posting on the ADA website about a woman whose mother had the same condition. She got treatment at the Deaconness (sp?) Hospital in Boston, so we arranged for my father to go there. He eventually had bypasses in both legs, which increased circulation to his wounds and is now able to walk normally without pain.

I don't know if this helps you at all, but I thought I might share just in case.

e.

Here's the Emedicine article. You will need a (free) account to read it, probably, but you should have one anyway. Great resource.

Among the organisms mentioned in the article are:
Staphylococcus aureus, Bacteroides fragilis, and Group A and B streptocci.