Did 19 people really transfer from Gtown this year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ok, so i was thinking to myself, do the first years like it here? based on my previous posts, you might think they dont. that is definitely not true. a lot really like it here. it all comes down to if its the type of school for you. if you are really into surgery (especially ortho), this could be the place for you. if you went to a really prestigious undergrad filled with a lot of pretentious kids, a lot of snottiness, and more or less a bunch of dorky a**holes, you can figure out if youd like it here.....did you like your undergrad? did you still manage to have a really good time despite the atmosphere? some people find the attitude to be overwhelming. others adapt. depending on what type you are, you may or may not like georgetown. obviously, i was not a huge fan of dukes either. same type of kids--maybe a little less nerdy there. but i only came to georgetown because of the SMP program, which i found to be much different from the 1st year class. i think the smp students are much more diverse, less cutthroat, and more socially capable overall. maybe thats a subjective opinion, since i was in that group, but theres definitely hostility from the first years....too bad they dont realize that the smp program does a lot of good things for them--experienced TAs, a wider social base, and people doing different things. maybe even a partner to go to dean and delluca with or someone who also buys diesel jeans...

Members don't see this ad.

dookbloo said:
ps, as far as i can tell, the only 2 people on this topic with credibility are me and exmike....georgetown 0, everywhere else in the US 2

dookbloo, I am an ex-physio also, and I would love to go to Georgetown. You are right, there were a handfull of physios who did not want anything to do with going to med school at Gtown, but there were just as many who would have loved to go there, in fact, some of the ex-physios who are at Gtown med now chose to go to Gtown over their state schools. I am currently waitlisted at Gtown, but I would go there in a second if I get in. Sure the facilities are a little shotty, but who cares? Who really cares if the classrooms are a little rundown? You're only in class for a few hours a day and thats just the first 2 years and then you can do your rotations all around DC and NOVA at some really great hospitals and clinics. The faculty at Gtown is really great, very supportive, and just like any med school, there are some really good professors and some really bad ones. And no matter what anyone on SDN says, Georgetown is Georgetown, it is a nationally reknown university, and it has a great name and reputation.

see....varying opinions...good luck on getting in...

Members don't see this ad :)
So, did 19 people really transfer from Gtown this year?

Somebody mentally ******ed just took one (1) point of karma away from me for having "too much karma." Congratulations, you're 0.05% of the way there. Now, did 19 people really transfer from Gtown this year?

doctorvenkman said:
Don't forget Boston and Seattle.
There you have it, the places to live in the US.
boston isnt a great city...it depends on your interests...i thin boston is okay for school depending but if you plan on having a social life that consists of going to good concerts or basktball games or clubs .....dont go here go to dc, la, nyc