Did any body take Nov 12 PCAT in Ft Lauderdale?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Valencia

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did any body take Nov 12 PCAT in Ft Lauderdale? I took the test and I’m sill pissed with the fact that I couldn’t be able to finish any of the section.

Members don't see this ad.

Valencia said:
Did any body take Nov 12 PCAT in Ft Lauderdale? I took the test and I’m sill pissed with the fact that I couldn’t be able to finish any of the section.

I also took the pcat in Forl Laudedale. The section i finished was the biology and the chemistry. I worked 45 questions in the quantitative and guessed more than 13 questions. I read only 4 passages in the reading and guessed the two others passages. the verbal killed me considering the fact i am a non naitive speaker. As a result i am taking it in January.

By the way to how many shools have you applied?

Members don't see this ad :)
Valencia said:
I finished all the sections but there was a healthy dose of "educated guesses" especially in the quant section. I hope all those hours studying by lamp-light (b/c of Wilma)and in Publix' parking-lot waiting for ice pays off. :oops: Definitely dont want to jinx myself...good luck all :thumbup:

I was there too, Im sure it was the same as October, they wouldn't change the whole test for a single group. I finished everything fairly quickly. The reading comp was ridiculous though.

ethyl said:
I'm curious if your makeup exam was the same as our October exam. Was your essay about **removed by FutureRxGal**?
Nope, they actually change the test completely. I was reading and jotting the question that was posted in the forum just before Wilma hit where I am located. I thought I got lucky when I saw the essay topic posted.
Sorry for the late reply, my computer was down for quite sometime.

selo said:
I also took the pcat in Forl Laudedale. The section i finished was the biology and the chemistry. I worked 45 questions in the quantitative and guessed more than 13 questions. I read only 4 passages in the reading and guessed the two others passages. the verbal killed me considering the fact i am a non naitive speaker. As a result i am taking it in January.

By the way to how many shools have you applied?
I think I did well in verbal section, but the rest is history. I always though chemistry and most definitely Mat would be my highest score since I am very good at it. I think it is going to be the other way around. It is not that the test is hard, it just not enough time. To make the matter worst the girl I sit next to only took her 25 minute to get done which made me nervous. To make the matter worst, she just wouldn’t shut up. She would turn around and say “you didn’t get to finish ha?” with a smirk in her face.
I’m thinking about taking the January test, but I’m still worried about getting done on time. I’m one of those students who always turn their test last. Time is what it worries me the most. How did you do on the writing section? As for me I wouldn’t be supervised if they punch me dead on the face after reading what I wrote. I’m not worried about that section since writing is one of my weakest point.

Five: UF, PBA, NOVA, FAMU, and one that I don’t remember the name in Georgia. I’m going to apply for more school though

Valencia said:
I think I did well in verbal section, but the rest is history. I always though chemistry and most definitely Mat would be my highest score since I am very good at it. I think it is going to be the other way around. It is not that the test is hard, it just not enough time. To make the matter worst the girl I sit next to only took her 25 minute to get done which made me nervous. To make the matter worst, she just wouldn’t shut up. She would turn around and say “you didn’t get to finish ha?” with a smirk in her face.
I’m thinking about taking the January test, but I’m still worried about getting done on time. I’m one of those students who always turn their test last. Time is what it worries me the most. How did you do on the writing section? As for me I wouldn’t be supervised if they punch me dead on the face after reading what I wrote. I’m not worried about that section since writing is one of my weakest point.

Five: UF, PBA, NOVA, FAMU, and one that I don’t remember the name in Georgia. I’m going to apply for more school though

I am not a good writer. By the time i got to that section, i felt so tired and could not think that much. As a result i am bumped in that section.I applied to all the schools you applied including howard university, Mercer University, South university, Lecom pharmacy school, university of maryland. well, i am expecting to receive my low score late this week or early nextweek. I will take the test in January.

Yeah, I thought the essay about 'Removed by futureRxgal" was really about "Removed by futureRxgal". I figured they would have asked the question about "Removed by futureRxgal". But instead they asked "Removed by futureRxgal". Sometimes I just want to "Removed by futureRxgal" off a roof.

:p

Did any of you get Form 6C but did not have a place to bubble in on the answer form? They told us to just write it out next to the bubbles and they will take care of it....

One girl that I took it with said alot of people who got their scores in today just got a ONE PERCENTILE! This is definately the scoring error because of the form, what a disaster for us.

About the 6C Form....my testing site had to retake the PCAT today because our October tests were lost, and we all got the 6C Form, too, with no place to fill in the bubble...at least I assume that everyone got that test. I guess that is how Harcourt knows it is a retake on a different date...

Wow, that is shocking, loosing your tests...to think about it, that is better than receiving a 1 on your PharmCAS application. What did they tell you about the Form 6C and what to do about it?

Members don't see this ad :)
The proctors told us to leave the field blank, but I have a really bad feeling about the whole thing. Harcourt got an email from me concerning the whole situation today. I'll harass them until I get an answer, that's for sure...you're right. Lost tests would be MUCH better than a 1.

Well, I've been having a bad feeling for a while now with that thought in the back of my mind but now from hearsay that the scores could be a 1 I can't sleep and stop thinking about it....

...I took it last year in October, so I am going to send those scores before this one is scored, just because no one wants to see a 1 when it is the second time the person took the test...
If you are wondering why I repeated it...one of the schools I am applying to requires the essay to be graded, and it wasn't in October 2004... :(

voskoboy said:
Well, I've been having a bad feeling for a while now with that thought in the back of my mind but now from hearsay that the scores could be a 1 I can't sleep and stop thinking about it....
I dont understand...how is it possible that your friend got their score back already???Its not even a month yet...or is this some sick joke. please clarify :confused:

Serenity Now!!! said:
I dont understand...how is it possible that your friend got their score back already???Its not even a month yet...or is this some sick joke. please clarify :confused:

I woke this morning a 1035 am. i was excited to see the enveloppe from Harcout. Unfortunately, it was a 1 percentile. I do not know what to do? shoud we sue the compagny?

People got their scores from Nov. 12 becuase it doesn't take 4 weeks to grade. Those on Oct. 22 get graded as they come in but since there are so many people, it takes 3-4 weeks for EVERYONE to get graded. Once everyone is graded, then they send out scores.

For the Nov. 12, it took about 2-3 weeks to grade and now we are receiving scores. I heard from 2 more people that they got a one also; therefore, it is CONFIRMED. Harcourt did make a mistake.

voskoboy said:
People got their scores from Nov. 12 becuase it doesn't take 4 weeks to grade. Those on Oct. 22 get graded as they come in but since there are so many people, it takes 3-4 weeks for EVERYONE to get graded. Once everyone is graded, then they send out scores.

For the Nov. 12, it took about 2-3 weeks to grade and now we are receiving scores. I heard from 2 more people that they got a one also; therefore, it is CONFIRMED. Harcourt did make a mistake.
I just got home and saw the letter in the mail...this is crazy!! My wife and I got the same composite (1)!!!And to top it off I got a 4 on the essay!!! Does this mean we'll have to take this test again?? and what about the scores posted to the Pharm Schools; I noticed those went out. I feel like I want to throw up!!! Or at least hurt somone really bad. First the Wilma fiasco now this... not as if this isnt enough...I just cant freaking believe this. How do these people stay in business!? Should we contact the Pharm Schools and explain the deal??? crap, man!!!

Yes, I got my score right this minute too. MG! I almost had a heart attack.:barf:What are they thinking? I know there is no way, I would get a composite of 1. Anyway, I called them and they said they grade it using the wrong answer key. What a relief! I hope we don’t have to take the exam again.
What I need now is a glass of margarita. For anyone who is thinking about drinking ;)“cheers!”

Valencia said:
Yes, I got my score right this minute too. MG! I almost had a heart attack.:barf:What are they thinking? I know there is no way, I would get a composite of 1. Anyway, I called them and they said they grade it using the wrong answer key. What a relief! I hope we don’t have to take the exam again.
What I need now is a glass of margarita. For anyone who is thinking about drinking ;)“cheers!”

Well ,i received my" one" at 10 am this morning. If Ihad not know about the scoring error,i would have passed away. fortunately I got an email from Harcout,which says that the test was scored incorretly. A new score and a letter of apology should be sent out at the end of the week.

Oh this is even better, PharmCAS just mailed a printout to all the schools with the ONE PERCENTILE scores!!!! Let's hope they don't the application out right away! Maybe they'll understand a 4.0 GPA with a 1 doesn't make any sense and must be an error, but since there are so many applicants, why would they care?

Wouldn't you think that the people at Harcourt would have taken a glance at the group of tests from Ft. Lauderdale and think... "hmmm, that's weird. Everyone got a one percentile, what a COINCIDENCE!!!"
They make mistakes like this because they can... but don't worry about the schools you guys! I'd call them and explain what happened and that new scores are coming. But I'm sure PharmCas is on it and everything will be cleared up shortly!