Did anybody here go to RFU after doing the BMS program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iluvmed&ba6eekh

ba6eekh = watermelon
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard mixed comments about the BMS program, and I'm wondering how many people actually went to med school at RFU after completing the BMS program.

Members don't see this ad.

cool. anyone else? I'm wondering if it's actually really rare for this to happen, since it can be quite a gamble. :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I went to RFU's 2nd look day this year and it seemed like about 1/2 of the student panel did the BMS program and then went to RFU. Of course this does not mean that 1/2 the class is made up of these students but it does seem to suggest doing the BMS program and doing well in it puts you in a good position to be accepted into RFU's med school. These students really seemed to love RFU and thought the program was great.

I know someone who just finished the BMS program, and while this person had other acceptances decided to stay at RFU. It's an intense program, but the students do seem to like it. One nice thing is that if the person does well in BMS med classes, they don't repeat them in MS1 year. If I remember correctly from last years' posts, about half of the BMS students are accepted to medical school there. I don't know yet how many have been accepted from this year's BMS class. I know there have been several. A lot of students are not just MD med school applicants who do the BMS program. There are pre-dent, students wanting to get into PA, as well as other types of programs. I think that at the end this year, there were 59 students who finished the program from the 75ish that started.