1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Did anybody interview at Morristown Memorial Hospital/Atlantic Health System NJ?

Discussion in 'Surgery and Surgical Subspecialties' started by MCP '06, Nov 20, 2005.

1. MCP '06

MCP '06 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    What do you think? :confused:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MCP '06

MCP '06 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    This maybe unrelated, but how many interviews are safe to go to, on a tight budget. Both university programs and community programs. The more I think about it; I am leaning toward community programs. It’s that big fish in a small pond idea. (I don’t know how true this theory is!)

4. MCP '06

MCP '06 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    When I interviewed there I asked, "If you were in my position, is there anything else you think I should know before ranking this place?" I never really got a straight answer and had the feeling they were not telling me the full story. Did anyone else get the creeps from them?

5. FMGdoc

FMGdoc New Member

Medical Student
    I have heard that the two busiest laparoscopic surgeons (Berta and Adkins) were going to leave. Also, in the back of the December 2005 issue of the Journal of the American College of Surgeons there is a job listing for a director of surgical research at Morristown. It sounds like the program is going through some transitions. When you interviewed did they share any of this information with you?