did anyone apply for HKU dental course (undergraduate)??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jackingdom3

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

did anyone apply for the BDS degree at HKU?

I am getting nervous as they said offers would be given out around april but I havent heard anything yet to this point........

:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

you can check your application status online at the hku site, there should be more offers coming these couple of weeks

:) i applied for bds as well~

After completing the degree in HKU, can you practice in the US?

Members don't see this ad :)
After completing the degree in HKU, can you practice in the US?

Not immediatly. All US states will require you to at least do 1-2 years of US ADA accredited residency training first before you would be eligible for a US license.

HKU "might" be one of the universities outside of the US who is applying for US ADA/CODA accreditation. You should email them and ask them if they are currently applying.

I do know that most of dental schools in Australia and New Zealand are applying for US/Canadian accreditation currently. Specifically (Adelaide and Sydney Universities). :thumbup:

But until any dental school outside of the US/Canada recieves accreditation.. you will be required to complete "some form" (ie. 1-2 years of GPR/AEGD or a specialty residency training program) of additional training in a US accredited program before being granted a dental license by a US state or territory.

Hope this helps! :thumbup:

Thanks Dr. M.

Hello!

did anyone apply for the BDS degree at HKU?

I am getting nervous as they said offers would be given out around april but I havent heard anything yet to this point........

:luck:

i got an offer (according to the online application status on the hku site), but I haven't received an official offer letter yet.

what about you?

i got an offer (according to the online application status on the hku site), but I haven't received an official offer letter yet.

what about you?

hey junkpro,

I dunno yet, coz I cant check online, I am like an EAS applicant thru the non-jupas route, apparently the lady at the office is calling me, as she told me so.

I am knowing my results in five min, wish me luck!

hey junkpro,

I dunno yet, coz I cant check online, I am like an EAS applicant thru the non-jupas route, apparently the lady at the office is calling me, as she told me so.

I am knowing my results in five min, wish me luck!

good luck (although the reply is kind of late)! you can be my classmate next year :p

btw are you going to stay in the halls?

Are you students applying straight out of high school to BDS? or have you guys completed some college? planning on completing a BS then going to HKU to get your BDS?

Thanks.

good luck (although the reply is kind of late)! you can be my classmate next year :p

btw are you going to stay in the halls?

HEY JUNKPRO!

I got a firm offer right after I typed my last post on the SDN haha!
We could totally be classmates next year!!
Well I live in HK anyways so I dun have to live in a hall,
BUT I am so gonna live in one, coz its fun and u get to know people.
send me some of ur info on private msg, hope we could be friends next year!!

Are you students applying straight out of high school to BDS? or have you guys completed some college? planning on completing a BS then going to HKU to get your BDS?

Thanks.

hey! I applied with my GCSE results, I havent finished high school, but mine was an early admission scheme for people like me......but getting a BS before applying to BDS..wouldnt it sort of show ur not that into dentistry as u defer entry into this faculty??? NOt sure, just my humble opinion. what do u think?

congrats to you guys who got into BDS this coming fall!
seems like there's quite a number of applicants from overseas this year.

i'm currently a 2nd year in BDS myself haha...:)

Hello potential c-hings! I applied for the HKU dental course through non-JUPAS this year and will attend an interview next week. I am a bit worried about the interview as many say that it is extremely important. Can any current students/graduates share their experiences in the admission interview, for example the format (individual/group)? I would be grateful if anyone could help. Thanks in advance:)

I'm also invited for interview on April 28. Any tips???