Did Anyone Do the ExamKrakers Verbal Backwards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

0938h4gt983

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw the thread of EK verbal scores of many students steadily increasing as they went through the EK Verbal book, but I am unsure if the tests may have just become easier progressing through the booklet. Has anyone tried to do them backwards? How have you scored?

Members don't see this ad.

I saw the thread of EK verbal scores of many students steadily increasing as they went through the EK Verbal book, but I am unsure if the tests may have just become easier progressing through the booklet. Has anyone tried to do them backwards? How have you scored?
No, they'd don't get easier going backward. I didn't do it backward, but I've seen people who starting using it later in their VR studies and their scores don't dramatically improve from EK1 to EK11 like the people who used it from the beginning of their VR studies :D I do think it is fantastic, however (despite its shortcomings).

My experience has been that they're all relatively similar in difficulty (although I got trashed on a couple tests, I think it had more to do with my state of mind that the difficulty of the test.)

One trend I have notice with EK books is that usually, not always, the tests start with easy passages in the beginning and the hard passages come at the end. I started noticing when I'd break the tests up into two or three pieces for practice material and take them on different days. I'd get like 25/27 on the first half and then 20/33 on the second half! That happened relatively consistently, with a few tests where the scores were pretty even all the way across the baord.