did anyone else feel like they bombed verbal and then did ok?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cooolguy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel like I bombeddd this section, 4-5-6 range. I guessed on pretty much two passaged (~16 questions) i dont know what the hell to do?

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't get the chance to answer the last 7 or so questions (finished on time on all practices)... felt really bad. Did ok (higher than expected, lower than average practice score though). No sense worrying about it now, cause you can't really do anything about it. :luck:

I wont have the answer for this until the scores come out as well. If it makes you feel better, I read the last passage in a minute. tried to answer the questions with 4 minutes. It was some ridiculous passage on asl.

That ASL passage was the 10x harder than any passage I've ever read on a practice test. It's gotta have a massive curve on it :luck: .

Members don't see this ad :)
I did all of the official AAMC practice tests:

3: 35
4: 32
5: 35
6: 31
7: 33
8: 33
9: 37

I thought I was in great shape.

I get to testing site - I get assigned Form DL - physics goes well, verbal is horrendous, writing goes well, and biology goes well.

I don't have a quantitative number to say - OK, I sucked on verbal - but I think if anything is gonna keep me from getting into medicine this year it'll be my hideous verbal score. =\

Good luck to us all though.

I did. I had a difficult time with the verbal on the April 2006 MCAT and ended up doing fine. I'm sure everything will work out fine for you. Those post-MCAT jitters are a bitch.