Did anyone else find the EK Full-Length 1g hard?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pnklytnyng

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else find the EK Full-Length 1g hard?

I just took it and I got 5 points lower than I got on 5R. Do other people think it's a bit tougher than normal?

Members don't see this ad.

HunterGatherer said:
1g is a Monster! Be glad you did it early so you did not squash your confidence right before the MCAT!

Cool -- How topical! I just took 1g this weekend, and I did OK, EXCEPT for the verbal. I managed a 13 PS, 11 BS (I got killed by the passage on SN1/2/E1/2 reactions -- I hadn't reviewed that stuff yet) but a whopping 7 VR!

Overall, I thought I did well, except for the verbal. Did everybody else find the verbal to be especially hard? (The last AAMC exam I took was 6R, and I got a 12 on the verbal, so I was a little depressed by this one!)

Members don't see this ad :)
jota_jota said:
Cool -- How topical! I just took 1g this weekend, and I did OK, EXCEPT for the verbal. I managed a 13 PS, 11 BS (I got killed by the passage on SN1/2/E1/2 reactions -- I hadn't reviewed that stuff yet) but a whopping 7 VR!
That passage killed me too - I only got 2 of the 7 right! I was actually ok on the verbal (11), but got killed by the bio (8!). What's worse is I didn't even think I did that badly on it.

I've got a question on one of the bio problems (#189, for anyone that has the test). Maybe I'm being stupid, but why isn't the answer D? Why is it C? What the hell am I missing?

DF38 said:
That passage killed me too - I only got 2 of the 7 right! I was actually ok on the verbal (11), but got killed by the bio (8!). What's worse is I didn't even think I did that badly on it.

I've got a question on one of the bio problems (#189, for anyone that has the test). Maybe I'm being stupid, but why isn't the answer D? Why is it C? What the hell am I missing?

The question is asking which compound has the LOWEST solubility in an aqueous solution. The first 3 answer choices are fatty acids, whereas answer choice D is glucose (C6H12O6.) Glucose is actually the MOST soluble of the 4 choices. The correct choice, C, is the fatty acid with the longest chain of carbons. Make Sense?

Jota

jota_jota said:
The question is asking which compound has the LOWEST solubility in an aqueous solution. The first 3 answer choices are fatty acids, whereas answer choice D is glucose (C6H12O6.) Glucose is actually the MOST soluble of the 4 choices. The correct choice, C, is the fatty acid with the longest chain of carbons. Make Sense?

Jota
Thanks, haha, I don't know what I was thinking.