1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

did anyone else get a phone call about an army scholarship???

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by choker, May 8, 2002.

1. choker

choker Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

this guy called me up to offer a scholarship where the army pays for my entire medical education, in exchange for my working with them for 4 years. anyone considering this?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. yojimbo

yojimbo Junior Member

I am applying for the Navy scholarship. As you well know it is definitely not a free ride. You'll end up giving more than just four years of service. I say only do it if serving in the military appeals to you.

4. MorningLight2100

MorningLight2100 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi choker,

I received the call about that last semester. The scholarship certainly is appealing. . . but keep in mind that if you commit, after med school graduation you'll be limited in your choices of where to practice, what to practice, and for how long. If I remember correctly, you're aiming for surgery, so this might be a very suitable option for you, but do keep in mind that your options will be a bit limited.

5. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats
    10+ Year Member

Yea right...definitely not for me! I ain't that type of person! They best not be calling me!