Did anyone else get accepted by Cornell this week?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lis79

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If so, when did you interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. I got an e-mail acceptance on Monday (my first, yea!) and interviewed on 1/13. Good luck to you!

I just got an email around 4:30pm letting me know I'm in!!!

I interviewed Thursday, January 27th.

jankanator said:
I just got an email around 4:30pm letting me know I'm in!!!

I interviewed Thursday, January 27th.

Yo tambien hoy. Interviewed a couple of weeks later than jankan, though...

Why can't all my schools *ahem columbia* do this?

lis79 said:

i just got in!!! via email and i interviewed mid february....

turkeymou said:
i just got in!!! via email and i interviewed mid february....

eek, :eek: they're out?? very high on my list..gotta go check mail, i'm outta here

wondering if we get news of being waitlisted and rejection at the same time :confused: :scared:

Just got an acceptance via email @ 4:45pm!

MDNYC said:
Just got an acceptance via email @ 4:45pm!

After reading earlier that Cornell would be sending out emails "all of March", I got wound up worrying about other schools with definite dates....then I read your post, figured "what the heck, I'll check my email " (I keep a separate med school app account to keep spam at a minimum) and I just found out I got accepted today as welll!!! Really excited :) I interviewed Oct 21...

Members don't see this ad :)
bidster said:
After reading earlier that Cornell would be sending out emails "all of March", I got wound up worrying about other schools with definite dates....then I read your post, figured "what the heck, I'll check my email " (I keep a separate med school app account to keep spam at a minimum) and I just found out I got accepted today as welll!!! Really excited :) I interviewed Oct 21...

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I can't find my acceptance in my mailbox!!! :scared:

lis79 said:
I can't find my acceptance in my mailbox!!! :scared:

me neither. this week has totally sucked for me and i'm worried the rest of march will be the same way :thumbdown:

Congrats Bidster et al though, that's great!

looking at past years threads, it seems this friday was the last day they sent out acceptances last year. the rest were waitlists and rejections that were mailed through march :( :( :( i hope i am wrong

bleh4788 said:
looking at past years threads, it seems this friday was the last day they sent out acceptances last year. the rest were waitlists and rejections that were mailed through march :( :( :( i hope i am wrong

really? :(
oh, man, that stinks

hey, sorry to scare you. I actually have a friend who said he got in late march, so maybe just no one on sdn got in after the 1st week. admissions said they make decisions all throughout march so lets keep our hopes up

bleh4788 said:
hey, sorry to scare you. I actually have a friend who said he got in late march, so maybe just no one on sdn got in after the 1st week. admissions said they make decisions all throughout march so lets keep our hopes up

I hope you right. If they are done I'm gonna be bummed!

bleh4788 said:

I agree---it definitely looks like they're "rolling admissions" through March, depending on when they get to your file. Someone else posted they got their email on Monday saying that an official letter would be mailed on Wednesday....i got an email yesterday (Friday), and it had been edited to say the letter would be mailed Monday. If they had made all the decisions by now, it would have been much more efficient for them to send out the emails in one go on one day, but apparently they're also sending them *individually* too. (My name was the only one in the "To" field and the timestamp was different from other people's). That in particular is what makes me think this is all on an "as we get to your file" basis. So it doesn't look like it's over yet! :luck:

Hi guys... I am interviewing at Cornell this week, so I really hope that their decisions are not all made. I was told that they make all decisions at the same time, though, so I'm kind of annoyed... I could have scheduled it a few weeks ago but this worked better in my schedule. Anyway, good luck to everybody!

lis79 said:

I just got the acceptance e-mail today :D :D :D

I interviewed very early...October...I don't remember the exact date

I'm getting kinda worried because I know that they have a minority second look this weekend and I haven't heard from them yet. I'm assuming that if I don't hear from them by the end of the week my chances at Cornell are over. Does any1 know if they send an e-mail to waitlisted people as well and if they are sending out rejections now too?

No more acceptances?

This is pure speculation, but maybe they hand out the truly exceptional minority acceptances first?

palminator2003 said:
This is pure speculation, but maybe they hand out the truly exceptional minority acceptances first?
huh? there are plenty of non-minority students who have already been accepted

bidster said:
I agree---it definitely looks like they're "rolling admissions" through March, depending on when they get to your file. Someone else posted they got their email on Monday saying that an official letter would be mailed on Wednesday....i got an email yesterday (Friday), and it had been edited to say the letter would be mailed Monday. If they had made all the decisions by now, it would have been much more efficient for them to send out the emails in one go on one day, but apparently they're also sending them *individually* too. (My name was the only one in the "To" field and the timestamp was different from other people's). That in particular is what makes me think this is all on an "as we get to your file" basis. So it doesn't look like it's over yet! :luck:

Do you think they might be reviewing files alphabetically? ... Did I really just write that? (Okay, so in case no one has noticed, Cornell is my top pick and I've turned into a nervous wreck. My hair has completely fallen out, my face has broken out in acne, and I've gained about 40 lbs. from trying to eat my way to happiness. I can't wait to meet you all next year! :D )

AnnieShiro said:
Do you think they might be reviewing files alphabetically? ... Did I really just write that? (Okay, so in case no one has noticed, Cornell is my top pick and I've turned into a nervous wreck. My hair has completely fallen out, my face has broken out in acne, and I've gained about 40 lbs. from trying to eat my way to happiness. I can't wait to meet you all next year! :D )

Hopefully, we can all be in the same class next year. Based on your self described physical description, I guess it wouldn't be so hard to find out who you are. ;)

Psycho Doctor said:
huh? there are plenty of non-minority students who have already been accepted

Well, that theory goes out the window :p It just goes to show you what fear and paranoia does to humans. I'll go back to my room and put on my tin foil dunce hat now. :scared:

AnnieShiro said:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
You are too funny. Who are you?

palminator2003 said:
Well, that theory goes out the window :p It just goes to show you what fear and paranoia does to humans. I'll go back to my room and put on my tin foil dunce hat now. :scared:

Well not exactly. Perhaps what the poster meant to write was that exceptional minority students would certainly have been offered acceptances for the purposes of attending 2nd look since the 2nd look weekend is, after all, for them. I think it's very reasonable for you to start worrying if you're a minority and have not been accepted.

I'm sorry to have to point this out.

GuyLaroche said:
Well not exactly. Perhaps what the poster meant to write was that exceptional minority students would certainly have been offered acceptances for the purposes of attending 2nd look since the 2nd look weekend is, after all, for them. I think it's very reasonable for you to start worrying if you're a minority and have not been accepted.

I'm sorry to have to point this out.

So, the question is:
If you've interviewed, and have not received an e-mail yet, can you assume that you'll be expecting a letter in the mail that says you're rejected or waitlisted?

Also, it's kind of stupid on the part of Cornell to just now be sending acceptance e-mails before second look weekend. For those who need to travel long distances, it makes it really hard to do so with little advance notice. (my two cents--I'm bitter, b/c I don't think I got in).

Jennifer25 said:
So, the question is:
If you've interviewed, and have not received an e-mail yet, can you assume that you'll be expecting a letter in the mail that says you're rejected or waitlisted?

Also, it's kind of stupid on the part of Cornell to just now be sending acceptance e-mails before second look weekend. For those who need to travel long distances, it makes it really hard to do so with little advance notice. (my two cents--I'm bitter, b/c I don't think I got in).

I don't have a good feeling about Cornell either. :(

palminator2003 said:
hey don't worry about it; when we're that stressed we all are living on dreams far from reality...i know i am

Jennifer25 said:
So, the question is:

but i honestly don't think they made all theier decisions yet; aren't people still being interviewed? maybe i'm mixing this up with another school..?? :confused:

Just interviewed at Cornell yesterday. The last day of interviewing is this Thursday. In our packet of info, they said that the bulk of acceptances will be sent out mid to late march. So if you haven't heard anything yet, don't worry. Hope this helps ease some of the worrying.

thank you, adog, thank you

I must say that before reading this board about Cornell I was only a tiny bit stressed. Now I'm at work all antsy and I check my email like every 20 mins. lol, how pathetic. Doh! At this point does anyone just want to know about all of their acceptances/waitlists/rejections regardless of the outcome so that you can seriously decide on one school as oppose to hoping for a better school (ie, Cornell)???? :confused:

lis79 said:
I don't have a good feeling about Cornell either. :(

Where the hell are you, Cornell???

I interviewed at Cornell on Jan 5th. Maybe they just haven't gotten to my application yet to accept me? Maybe? Can anyone assuage my rapidly shrinking ego? :oops:

Does any school actually go by the Mar 15 deadline to send out acceptances? I know Yale doesn't and I read Cornell will be sending stuff out all month?

Good luck everyone! :luck:

DianaLynne said:
I interviewed at Cornell on Jan 5th. Maybe they just haven't gotten to my application yet to accept me? Maybe? Can anyone assuage my rapidly shrinking ego? :oops:

Does any school actually go by the Mar 15 deadline to send out acceptances? I know Yale doesn't and I read Cornell will be sending stuff out all month?

Good luck everyone! :luck:
Cornell is interviewing until Thursday so they have not even made all their decisions yet.

someone who interviewed on 2/23 has already recieved an acceptance....this makes me nervous that my app has definitely already been reviewed and I didn't quite make the cut....so stressful!!!!!

bleh4788 said:
someone who interviewed on 2/23 has already recieved an acceptance....this makes me nervous that my app has definitely already been reviewed and I didn't quite make the cut....so stressful!!!!!

...and they told me that they are still reviewing files and interviewing people, so that I shouldn't worry. They said people will be accepted throughout March. Then, I asked them to check to see if a final decision had been made on my file and she put me on hold for what seemed like an eternity and then said, "No, no decision has been made on yoru file." I was kind of happy, though, 'cause I feel that I'm still in the running. I have to remain positive (and I have to stop pulling my hair!).

I interviewed the day before Thanksgiving and sent them a LOI Feb 8th. I just hope I get in or get in off the waitlist. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

When is Harvard sending out their acceptances? I'm asking because once Harvard and Yale accept people, it changes the whole game for eevryone else. People go ga-ga over Harvard and Yale (I didn't apply to either)...so, I'm hoping that people holding Cornell acceptances getinto Harvard or Yale and make room for us devoted Cornell people!

PMinty44 said:
once Harvard and Yale accept people, it changes the whole game for eevryone else.

good point. it's got to be strategy that some schools accept after harvard.

PMinty44 said:
...and they told me that they are still reviewing files and interviewing people, so that I shouldn't worry. They said people will be accepted throughout March. Then, I asked them to check to see if a final decision had been made on my file and she put me on hold for what seemed like an eternity and then said, "No, no decision has been made on yoru file." I was kind of happy, though, 'cause I feel that I'm still in the running. I have to remain positive (and I have to stop pulling my hair!).

I interviewed the day before Thanksgiving and sent them a LOI Feb 8th. I just hope I get in or get in off the waitlist. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

When is Harvard sending out their acceptances? I'm asking because once Harvard and Yale accept people, it changes the whole game for eevryone else. People go ga-ga over Harvard and Yale (I didn't apply to either)...so, I'm hoping that people holding Cornell acceptances getinto Harvard or Yale and make room for us devoted Cornell people!

Thanks for the info PMinty. Also hoping for a spot in Cornell's 2005 class!

Good luck to everyone!! :thumbup:

..I was getting really worried because I haven't heard from them yet and I know there is a minority 2nd look this weekend but I just called the admissions office and they said that not all minority applicants have been reviewed and people should not assume that if they haven't heard yet they are rejected or waitlisted.

aar239 said:
..I was getting really worried because I haven't heard from them yet and I know there is a minority 2nd look this weekend but I just called the admissions office and they said that not all minority applicants have been reviewed and people should not assume that if they haven't heard yet they are rejected or waitlisted.

Sweet!