1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Did anyone else NOT hear back from schools you thought you'de be accepted to

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Plopper, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Plopper

Plopper "This too will pass"
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Ok, i'm extremely thankful that i've been accepted, but i can't stop wondering why some schools which i had thought i had a shot at didn't ever contact me after updating to received/under review (even though i've called them to make sure it's under review)

Schools like, Tufts, temple, VCU, and even columbia i thought with a 3.7 and 20, i'd at least have a shot at

Some of those schools, i definitely had heard excellent things about, and it's ashame i haven't been contacted. At least for temple, tufts and VCU, did they just not respond because my stats are higher than their averages, and they didn't think that i would come? I could have really liked the programs!

Anyone else have this happen?

2. Jarvix

10+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Of the five schools I interviewed at so far I've only heard back from one (Marquette). Do they expect you to call them and tell them you're still interested, or just wait?

3. drUNC

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

#3 drUNC, Dec 9, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  4. katy5787

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Ya it's funny I haven't heard from some of the schools that I thought I would have no problem getting into, but I did get into the schools that I thought might be more of a reach. I'm definitely not complaining that it worked out the way it did though!

5. Stephie3

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    yeah i have never heard like anything from tufts or marquette or howard besides "under review" and both my gpa and dat scores were higher. however, i got an interview at maryland (besides four other schools too), which has higher dat and gpa scores. so yeah..it is weird. i wonder if the reason pittsburgh does half of its interviews post-december is so that it can weed out interviewing people who have already gotten acceptances they will take.

no hating or offense or anything to these schools, i was just merely making an assumption (so i could be wrong too..don't hate) :)

6. DuffMan01

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Checkin-in!

Havent heard back from pittsburgh yet. Getting a little frustrated, hopefully all hope isnt lost

Just hang in there everyone! We will be ok :D

7. RAK1987

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    yeah... i haven't heard back from penn yet.... i was kind of miffed! not that i'm not thankful for what i have gotten - - it was just interesting.

8. 206127

Dental Student
    I thought I had my best interview at the University of Pittsburgh. I was sooo sure I would get into that school, but I guess it wasn't meant to be...

9. Flipper405

Flipper405 "Excessive" flosser
    Dentist 7+ Year Member

Dentist
    Still haven't heard from Medical College of Georgia or University of Alabama Birmingham...
    I thought I would be far more likely to get accepted there than Penn, Columbia, and Temple. I hear MCG is still accepting people though... we'll see what happens.

10. that guy

2+ Year Member

yes! I had met with the admissions for years at case and they were praising me, extremely optimistic with my chances for admissions. then rolling admissions=rejection, december 1st=on hold... I have about 4 'on hold' letters from case. they sure know how to bring you up and tear you a new one.. but in hindsight, its probably for the better i didnt get in.

i too was extremely excited for tufts but i havent heard ZERO from them. I have emailed them and they just told me that everything was complete.. back in october. even though i absolutely dispise boston sports fans/teams, it is a beautiful place.

As of this posting, i havent heard anything from Loma, Mich, ASDOH post-interview either.

11. Plopper

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    i'm so glad i'm not alone, i am just so confused, i mean i was interviewed at places i thought i had no chance, at all, just figured i'd give it a shot...and then other places i though for sure i'd get in didn't even bother contacting me at all!!

oh well, i wonder if they just looked at stats and said oh he won't come here anyway

it's a little depressing haha

12. that guy

2+ Year Member

when we did the introductions at temple, brian asked how many interviews i had. i told him 8 and he looked at me like "why the heck should we pick you then? this is definitely not your top pick." (and he was right! haha) so i wasnt expecting the acceptance.

13. cubbiesftw

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    i'm so thankful to have received an acceptance Dec. 1st and had a few interviews but can't manage to get an interview at my state school which im currently attending in undergrad =(

14. NyCzPeter

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Yea I thought I was gonna atleast get an interview at Buffalo, but apparently I was only good enough for continuing review. Apparently the review is still in continuation even as I type this post. So yeaaa wouldn't hold my breath.

15. DuffMan01

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    :laugh: ME TOO!! I mean was the interview kinda like "we choose you and you dont choose us?" and "oh, dont call us....we will call you. Otherwise when you do call...you be wasting your time!" :D

16. Plopper

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    haha yes!! i was placed on continuing review there, i was like ok sure that place is too cold anyway...

but....you were still accepted! congrats

17. mbishara

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Yes i am going throught that same scenario. in one interview i was told not to worry about getting in here, by my interviewer. I have not heard anything from that school yet. I called in and the lady said that the commitee still has not made a decision on my application yer... I later then Emailed my interviewer and he did not respond. So no iam guess i am going to just wait and see what happens with that school.

18. dchung42

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    yea i'm really curious how they give interview invites.

Same with you guys all here, I thoguht I would get interviews at some schools for sure (high stat/high dat/good ec) but havn't heard anythign since
    "we've received your payment"

hahaha oh well i'm very happy I've got into few schools

19. huk1985

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I had my best interview at Pitt, too and I would strongly consider going there. Unfortunately, they ignored my 10 emails and voice messages I've left them. I wonder what's happening with their admissions office. Is Rose on vacation or something?

20. DrReo

DrReo "Thread Necromancer"
    10+ Year Member

Academic Administration
    They are taking the week off to recover from the Steelers wins.

21. huk1985

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Honestly, I just want to get an email or letter from them saying, You have been waitlisted, expect to hear back whenever.. I guess that's too much to ask..

22. eldirty

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    I was really surprised by the pool of schools that invited me for interviews and then eventually accepted me. I dont think ill ever understand how they decide. Im disappointed that most schools didnt even bother to contact me at all ... the secondary application fee should have been enough to send out some emails with status along the way