did anyone get in pharm school with this type of schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmk03

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
I'm trying to figure out my schedule for next Fall/Spring. I'm trying to get into pharmacy school fall 2007, and have A LOT of prerequs left. Has anyone had this type of schedule and gotten into pharmacy school the next year? (By the way, I'm going back to school, that's why I have so many classes to get out of the way!)

Fall - Org Chem I, Anatomy/Physiol, and Pre-calc/trig
Spring - Org Chem II, Micro, calc
Summer 07 - physics and lab, cell biology

I'm just wondering if the admissions committees will look at me in a negative light if I haven't finished my pre-requs until the summer before I start pharmacy school?! I could try to squeeze more classes in during the year, but following the advice of many given on this site, I would be better off to concentrate on fewer classes and get better grades. I just wonder if I'm screwing myself by not getting in all the appropriate classes in before the last minute...

Your thoughts?? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i think that you would be okay. here was my schedule (and i got accepted to UT-austin and UH)
fall--genetics and ochem I
spring--ochem II and micro
summer--physics and english
next fall--pharm school!
(there are other humanities in there that i didnt list)

I don't think the adcoms will look negatively upon you for still having pre-reqs left the summer prior to starting pharmacy school. I know of people who have done that before and were still accepted. Besides, from looking at your schedule, it seems that you'll only have two left, so I wouldn't really worry about it :)

Members don't see this ad :)
pharmk03 said:
Hello!
I'm trying to figure out my schedule for next Fall/Spring. I'm trying to get into pharmacy school fall 2007, and have A LOT of prerequs left. Has anyone had this type of schedule and gotten into pharmacy school the next year? (By the way, I'm going back to school, that's why I have so many classes to get out of the way!)

Fall - Org Chem I, Anatomy/Physiol, and Pre-calc/trig
Spring - Org Chem II, Micro, calc
Summer 07 - physics and lab, cell biology

I'm just wondering if the admissions committees will look at me in a negative light if I haven't finished my pre-requs until the summer before I start pharmacy school?! I could try to squeeze more classes in during the year, but following the advice of many given on this site, I would be better off to concentrate on fewer classes and get better grades. I just wonder if I'm screwing myself by not getting in all the appropriate classes in before the last minute...

Your thoughts?? Thanks!

yes

This was my schedule of pre-reqs before starting PharmD school this past Fall 05.
(I had to go back to school too. :p )

Fall 03: Gen Chem II, Calc I, English
Spring 04: O. Chem I, Molecular Bio/Genetics
Fall 04: O. Chem II, Physio, Micro, Speech
Spring 05: Physics II, Calc II

Summer 05--> became a bum!!!

I don't think it'll be such a big deal if you're still completing prereqs till the summer right before you start. Although I highly recommend taking a little time of before you start the program just to give yourself a little time to gather all your bearings. I personally needed a little time off, after taking all those classes (while working 20+ hours/week)! Haha!

Best of luck to you!