1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

did anyone get invited to interview at ucla this month?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by calbears55, Apr 1, 2002.

1. calbears55

calbears55 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I just got a call from Kristy Fong today inviting me to interview at ucla later on this month. I was just wondering if there's anyone else out there who are planning to interview there also. And since it's kinda late in the app process do u guys know if these interviews are for alternate list positions. I read earlier that ucla has send out more acceptance letters than their class size so i don't know if it's worth going down there to interview...what do u guys think? Well if you guys have any info about this please let me know. thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. baracuda

baracuda Member
    7+ Year Member

I got the interview invite too. I talked to kristie today and she said that it would be for the alternate list.

4. calbears55

calbears55 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

baracuda,
    are u still planning to attend the interview even though it's for the alternate list? If so what date did u choose?

5. baracuda

baracuda Member
    7+ Year Member

I booked april 15th, but I'm not sure yet if I wanna make the trip. It seems like a waste of time if they have already admitted more than spots available. What about you?

6. calbears55

calbears55 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

baracuda,
    i'll probably sign up for the april 15th date. I've already sent my deposit to ucsf but will probably head down for the ucla interview to check out the school and see what it has to offer.
    hopefully i'll see ya there. by the way, what dental school are u headed to so far?

7. Stanford Fencer

Stanford Fencer Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

if you are interested in UCLA, i think that going for the alternate interview is absolutely worth it. i was told at my interview (if i recall correctly) that 45% or so of acceptees decline the offer from UCLA. therefore, lots of alternates will get spots.

8. al

al Member
    7+ Year Member

one friend interviewed in may of last year (for 2005 class) for the alternate list at UCLA. she literally was accepted the day before class started (some person withdrew at the last second). By this time she was already a month or so into the dent school she settled on in new york, and didn't want the hassle in moving back west, so she declined the ucla acceptance.

then again Another friend interviewed at ucla in may and got accepted the next morning. Thus, overall its a pretty random process, but from what I've seen being on the waitlist is worth a shot if you really want ucla.