1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Did anyone get rejected from Kansas pre-2ndary?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by qweewq11, Dec 5, 2002.

1. qweewq11

qweewq11 Smiley orgy organizer
    7+ Year Member

So I got a Kansas 2ndary app, and the Princeton Review book says only 10% of out of staters get 2ndaries. This perplexes me, since other than my MCAT, my app is weak.

So I am wondering, are they really screening hard this year? Is the princeton review's 10% still accurate? I'd be interested in hearing whether anyone didn't get secondaries this year.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. efex101

efex101 attending
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I am applying there next year and just visited their web site today, they do state that for out of staters not all get secondaries. So they most surely screen. They must have seen something in your application that they liked. Good luck!

4. bellx1

bellx1 Junior Member

i'm pretty sure the princeton is correct. i interviewed there last year, and i'm out of stater, and they only interviewed a few (50-100?) out of staters. ive had friends get rejected pre-2ndary who i thought had stronger apps than i did. i only got waitlisted though, so now im back at it. i did get another interview there though this year, so maybe they like me :) when u do go they differentiate in-state and out of state by giving you different color folders. i think mine was red in-state was blue, and there were only like 5 red folders on my interview day of the 2 groups.

5. DALABROKA

DALABROKA Raider Hater
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Good observation, I didn't notice this. There were only a few out of state people there when I went as well.

DALA

6. Well Kansas is not exactly one of the most popular states in the US. Combine that with the fact that the school takes mostly in state students then I'm guessing that many applicants don't even bother applying there.

As for out of staters this is what I have heard. About 90 percent of students are in state. A handful (2-5) are actual out of staters. The rest are comprised mainly of "Kansas ties. " Kansas ties are applicants who have a significant tie to kansas. Such as having close family in kansas or have once lived in kansas and wish to return there.

7. DALABROKA

DALABROKA Raider Hater
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    2001-2002 figures,
    out-of-state applicants = 900
    out-of-state interviews = 94
    out--of-state matriculants = 28

DALA

8. Yes but I think every school that doesn't take 99% in state has out-of-state applicants in the thousands.

On a side not I need to start proof reading my posts.

9. DALABROKA

DALABROKA Raider Hater
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    you mean "note".:laugh: Sorry, I couldn't resist:laugh:

Cheers,
    DALA

10. +pissed+
    Thats it I'm going to sleep. Hopefully I'll be able to spell when I wake up.