Did anyone go to BU's second look?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I couldn't afford to fly out there and just wanted to know how it went... any info would be appreciated :D

Members don't see this ad.

I thought you were already locked in on going to BU? Are you on the fence? I didn't go either, but I've decided not to go. You pretty much know what to expect from BU. I just didn't feel like it was a good fit for me. I didn't like the amount of class time. But I do like the town. Everyone says that the clinical years there are great, but my guess is many urban schools have strong clinical programs. I guess I just couldn't find enough reasons to go there and Boston schools are expensive, but not much more than most schools, but living there is crazy expensive and I can't live with roommates. I need my space. So, cost closed the door for me.

Good luck on deciding what you want.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone going there at least? I feel so lonely... I hope people aren't just anti-social :(

Camel friend,

Did you decide for sure that you're going to BU? I think I read before that you were waitlisted on thinking about another school, was it a Chicago school? I can't remember. Either way, there are plenty of good reasons to go to BU.

He's wl at UCI (and Loma Linda I think).

Loma Linda, I never hear too much about that school, being an east coast guy and jewish. They're Adventist or something like that, not even sure what that means. I'm guessing it's conservative Christians. Still, I think it might be cool for some people, especially Christians to be at a school that supports their faith. I'm guessing the location is okay, the weather must be great year round. Those are tempting reasons.

Spitting Camel said:
I couldn't afford to fly out there and just wanted to know how it went... any info would be appreciated :D

I went there. We actually had a few 3rd and 4th year students talk about their clinical experience/international electives and research.

Housing is feasible , with and without a roomate if you start looking early and are willing to commute. They gave a lot of housing information and a booklet about the different areas and relative safety ratings. Most of the students attending were kids form nearby: Rhode Island, Boston and they seem to agreee with the safety ratings.

Hope this answered your questions.