Did anyone go to MSUCOM's meet & greet thispast Saturday for incoming 10' class

dhp98

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2003
Status (Visible)
Just wondering if anyone attended the meet and greet this past Saturday. If someone did I was wondering how it was?

judgehopkins

15+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2004
Status (Visible)
dhp98 said:
Just wondering if anyone attended the meet and greet this past Saturday. If someone did I was wondering how it was?

I didn't know there was a meet and greet on saturday.

I would have gone if I had known about it, how did you find out?

Now I am kind of angry.

Hoberto

Squirrel Girl
10+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
judgehopkins said:
I didn't know there was a meet and greet on saturday.

I would have gone if I had known about it, how did you find out?

Now I am kind of angry.

Me too! I had no idea about it. This is just one more thing that is making me unlikely to choose MSUCOM.

About the Ads

FrogE7

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2003
the bay
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
hoberto said:
Me too! I had no idea about it. This is just one more thing that is making me unlikely to choose MSUCOM.

What are your other reasons for possibly going against MSU? I do not like how 90% match instate and how they start as early as July.

Hoberto

Squirrel Girl
10+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
They sent an email about Rumors and then specifically asked us to contact them with questions.

I called them wanting to know what the likelihood of getting a rotation near Ohio. I was told rather rudely that they wouldn't know and that it would depend on the class I am in.

Then I heard that there is an out-of-state scholarship that would make instate/outstate costs close to the same. Well, my biggest issue is cost. This time I emailed them asking if this scholarship was real and what it entailed. No response.

Now, they have some sort of meet&greet and don't let everyone know? It would have been helpful for me (and probably others) in making a decision about schools to attend the session. I didn't know about it though.

judgehopkins

15+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2004
Status (Visible)
I just checked the email that we got about rumor control and it didn't say anything about a meet and greet.

Hoberto

Squirrel Girl
10+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
judgehopkins said:
I just checked the email that we got about rumor control and it didn't say anything about a meet and greet.

Yeah, mine didn't say anything about a meet&greet either. Was this meeting a school sponsored thing or something the current/future students planned?

dhp98

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2003
Status (Visible)
Hey,

This is the exact email I received:

Michigan State University

College of Osteopathic Medicine's

Student National Medical Association

Cordially Invites You...

Please join the Multicultural Student Organization (SNMA) for this special opportunity to get to know a few of your potential colleagues in training, the Office of Multicultural Programs and Services, as well as, a few MSUCOM Faculty and Staff members.

Event: Meet & Greet

Date: Saturday, November 12, 2005

Time: 11:15am - 3:30pm

Lunch will be provided.
To Inquire or RSVP, please contact: Victoria Wygant at #(517) 432-2906 or [email protected].

I can't understand why nobody else was sent one? I'm in state, but that doesn't mean out of state people would try to attend...

Fermata

Hold me.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 11, 2003
Vale of Humility Between Two Mountains of Conceit
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
It's probable that the invitation was sent only to in-state people since the administration assumed only they would be able to attend.

Such things are common at state-sponsored schools.

Similar things are done for various events here at my undergraduate(land grant) school.

Taus

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2005
Philly
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Not that I have any vested interest in this....but from reading the above email it looks like it may have only been sent to minority/multicultural applicants...as it was from the multicultural club/office...

Hoberto

Squirrel Girl
10+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Taus said:
Not that I have any vested interest in this....but from reading the above email it looks like it may have only been sent to minority/multicultural applicants...as it was from the multicultural club/office...

That's what I think too now that we have seen the email.

Thanks for posting that dhp98...maybe MSU isn't excluding us after all?

FrogE7

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2003
the bay
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Fermata said:
It's probable that the invitation was sent only to in-state people since the administration assumed only they would be able to attend.

Such things are common at state-sponsored schools.

Similar things are done for various events here at my undergraduate(land grant) school.

I am instate, but I did not get an invite. However, I am also an over-represented minority (whatever that means :rolleyes: ), so maybe that is another reason I did not get an invite.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.