Did anyone have away rotations at the Florida EM programs that just went through match?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Technorino

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be an out of state student (south Florida is home) and i'm having a very tough time deciding where to rotate. Where did you have some great rotations / sloes?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Jackson Memorial, and UF Jacksonville are great programs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rotated at ORMC, best EM program in Florida, hands down. I loved my time there, would highly, highly recommend it to anyone. It is procedure heavy, so you'll get to boost your confidence in those skills!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone rotate at or know anything about mt. Sinai in Miami Beach?? Thanks

USF at Tampa general is also a solid program. Honestly, you've got lots of great places to choose from in FL, and you'll do great at whoever gives you a spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I rotated at USF and Orlando Health and they are both outstanding programs. UF Jax also has a good reputation.

Has anyone rotated at the Florida Hospital EM residency? Thoughts?

Hey! by any chance did you end up rotating through Jackson Memorial's ED? If so, how was it? I am a current 3rd year looking into away rotations in south Florida.

It’s a fun rotation! I got a tube while I was there. Very procedure heavy, and the residents are awesome.

Not a ton of didactic time, which I liked. But lots of BS busy work assignments which were a little annoying - all were completion though so no effect on your SLOE