Did anyone hear back from University of Michigan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

loveteeth

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone hear back from University of michigan..If so..how long does it take for their reply?

Members don't see this ad.

loveteeth said:
Did anyone hear back from University of michigan..If so..how long does it take for their reply?

Oh man... do I have a bone to pick with Michigan...I interviewed there some time around October.... Got pulled over for a red light(Their lights flash... arnt solid)... got **** from the cop for an expired registration on a rental car ... had two flight delays... and still havent heard a word from them... no acceptance... rejection... or wait list... hope your luck is better...

I interviewed at U of M on October 21. Have you tried calling them? I called them on December 1 and they told me I had been accepted, I then got a letter about 5 or 6 days later. Good news, though, I turned them down for Case Western, so there is at least one vacancy available there.

Members don't see this ad :)
utahdentist2be said:
I interviewed at U of M on October 21. Have you tried calling them? I called them on December 1 and they told me I had been accepted, I then got a letter about 5 or 6 days later. Good news, though, I turned them down for Case Western, so there is at least one vacancy available there.

Do they call you if you are accepted..like most schools do..so i was wondering if UofM does too. My interview was on Jan 20th 2006. So..when do u think i should call..I do not want to annoy them or seem impatient. Let me know, thanks!!

loveteeth said:

loveteeth said:

I received an acceptance to the University of Michigan. I did not get a call on Dec 1st, but a couple days later the envelope arrived in the mail with a postmark of Dec 1st or 2nd. I remember them saying during the interview day that they would not call, and do not call them, they will eventually let you know by mail. Michigan is a great school, and is worth the wait. I just withdrew my reserved seat there, so another seat has just opened up. Good Luck!

---
COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY College of Dental Medicine
Class of 2010

Toothdoc2b said:
Oh man... do I have a bone to pick with Michigan...I interviewed there some time around October.... Got pulled over for a red light(Their lights flash... arnt solid)... got **** from the cop for an expired registration on a rental car ... had two flight delays... and still havent heard a word from them... no acceptance... rejection... or wait list... hope your luck is better...

I would definitly call them... don't be confrontational or anything, just say you interviewed in october and you were wondering the status of your application. They get lots of calls from applicants, i have heard them answering the phones :) I think it's unusual to interview that early and not hear anything - and if they somehow misplaced it or forgot to send you your packet or something, you will want to call and figure out whats going on. on a side note - the same thing happened to me last year and (after several phone calls and emails to them) I got in around this time, so don't give up hope :)

I interviewed in Oct.
I called admission office today(Jan 31), and they said that I will receive mail after two week.
I asked "Is it good news?", and they said " we can not tell you over the phone, but I hope so..." :confused:

What do I expect?

Waiting is painful.

porsche7 said:
I interviewed in Oct.
I called admission office today(Jan 31), and they said that I will receive mail after two week.
I asked "Is it good news?", and they said " we can not tell you over the phone, but I hope so..." :confused:

What do I expect?

Waiting is painful.

Does anyone know more stats on UofM...how many did they already accept?

Yo Utah....what made you choose Case over Michigan? I had the same debate before...just curious as to what your thought process was.

In choosing Case over Michigan, I talked to a few dentists I know out here who help judge boards across the U.S. They told me Case students ALWAYS rank among the top scores. Also, as an LDS student with a wife and children, I felt Case was a better fit as opposed to a college town like Ann Arbor. Don't get me wrong, I loved Ann Arbor and U of M when I interviewed there, but just had a better feeling about attending Case. Maybe that response is a little more vague than what you're looking for, but I don't know how else to expain it.

I interviewed in Oct, got a letter about mid-Dec that was dated 6 Dec. No phone call. I did not accept, so another seat open.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed yesterday and the dean said not to expect anything for at least 30 days if all goes well. So don't sweat it. They are just waiting on people who've been accepted to let them know.

loveteeth said:

I also was interviewed on Jan. 20th and have not heard back yet. I hope to hear back by the end of Feb. Does anyone know how many people they interview and how many they accept???

Usually in the past I believe they interview in the 300s and their class size is around 105. I'm keeping my fingers crossed as well to here back by the end of Feb.

Is it too late to hear from them?? I haven't heard one peep out of them,not even an interview :( Does anyone know how full their class is?

Mysteree said:
Is it too late to hear from them?? I haven't heard one peep out of them,not even an interview :( Does anyone know how full their class is?

When i called last week...she said they had their last set of interviews on Feb 8th.

Loveteeth -geez, that's harsh! They could've atleast sent a letter out :( Thanks for the info.

I interviewed on December 2nd, supposedly their last interview date for the year and I was accepted New Years Eve. I declined the offer so that's another acceptance going to someone else. Good luck everyone.

Mysteree said:
Loveteeth -geez, that's harsh! They could've atleast sent a letter out :( Thanks for the info.

no problem...but dont give up hope...cause sometimes they say one thing and do the opposite :)

loveteeth said:
no problem...but dont give up hope...cause sometimes they say one thing and do the opposite :)

I found out that I was accepted by calling them, and the letter came a few days later. They're nice to those who call, so definitely try!
I too just withdrew my reserved spot from them, so another space just opened up!
Good Luck!

It seems like Michigan is unpredictable with the time between the interview and acceptance. I'm almost in the same boat at toothdoc. I interviewed in the middle of November, but I haven't heard a thing....no acceptance, no rejection, no waitlist...nothing. I just graduated from U of M but I'm still on campus, so I went in person a month ago to check on it. I was told that they still hadn't made a decision about me. I guess we just have to wait it out.

I've already put down a deposit for another school, and I'm already in the process of looking for apartments there, so hopefully I hear soon...

Mayo123 said:
It seems like Michigan is unpredictable with the time between the interview and acceptance. I'm almost in the same boat at toothdoc. I interviewed in the middle of November, but I haven't heard a thing....no acceptance, no rejection, no waitlist...nothing. I just graduated from U of M but I'm still on campus, so I went in person a month ago to check on it. I was told that they still hadn't made a decision about me. I guess we just have to wait it out.

I've already put down a deposit for another school, and I'm already in the process of looking for apartments there, so hopefully I hear soon...

It is the end of Feb..... did anyone who interviewed in Jan get a reply???

loveteeth said:
It is the end of Feb..... did anyone who interviewed in Jan get a reply???

nothing yet for me either......

loveteeth said:
did you call them by any chance..?? or email them?

I called them 2 weeks ago and they said that I should hear back in 2-3 weeks. But 'eliotphs' heard back so we should hear back any day now... i hope...

cba said:
I called them 2 weeks ago and they said that I should hear back in 2-3 weeks. But 'eliotphs' heard back so we should hear back any day now... i hope...

I also had interview on Jan 20th, but i have not heard from them !!!
Waiting is so painful

I called them this tuesday, they said that they had one meeting this week.

I hope that i get something from them by nextweek .. :eek: