Did anyone receive anything today?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
got an interview from UOP

Members don't see this ad.

I got some coupons for Safeway and my Sports Illustrated... but alas, still no interview invites or denials.

I received 2 interview invites today:

Boston University (1/14/03)
Indiana University (November?)

Congrats to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my University of Washington secondary today..actually I had a meeting with the admissions director and she gave it to me. Hey, if you want it done right, you gotta do it yourself. :laugh:

DesiDentist

I received a phone call from Harvard today...makes me wonder if it was just a friend playing a prank on me...anyhoot...has anyone interviewed there?

~r2

Got an interview invitation from University of Pittsburgh.

I got an interview from nova today :)

Beagle, wow!!

You didn't tell me you got a interview at NOVA!!!! That is very good news. I'm going down there in one week.

DesiDentist :clap:

I got BU's Los Angeles regional interview information by email for Sunday, October 27. If you're curious, it will be held in Marina Del Rey.

Arby

Yesterday, I got a notice from University of Washington that they have received all of my stuff and USC that they are still waiting for my DAT scores.

Today, I got an interview letter from Case Western Reserve University. :clap:

DesiDentist

I just got interview invites from Tufts and NYU.

For those who receive interview invites, do you submit all the required documents, like DAT score, transcript, and recommandations? Or the school will invite some good candidates based on one or two factors?

Members don't see this ad :)
EyeCandy,

I don't think it matters. They just want a face with the application.

In the past couple days I've received my first interviews... Maryland and Temple! Yay! I'm so relieved, for now. Congrats and good luck to everyone else!

IU and BU had told me over the phone that I should be receiving interview invites in the mail shortly. It was such a relief to actually get the BU letter in the mail yesterday. So far I have been outright denied by Loma Linda and Case..

Originally posted by EyeCandy
Congrats to all for getting interviews!!
For NYU, I was wondering if you had to send a PASSPORT PHOTO?? I only sent them a regular wallet-sized pic as I had done for a couple of other schools. Did anyone have their application put on hold or not be granted an interview because you sent them a wallet-sized pic and not a passport pic??? I would love to hear any feedback!!

Yep, as was said before, it doesn't matter at all. They just want a picture to put with your name! :D

Oh, and I forgot to mention the interesting piece I received in the mail yesterday.

I got an interview -- to the Des Moines University College of Podiatric Medicine!?! That's right, they sent me an admission packet, and asked if I would call their office to schedule my interview date/time. Too bad I didn't request any of this.

I'm sure many others have gotten some podiatry info, I thought I'd post mine because it gave me a good chuckle: an interview invitation and I haven't shown any interest in podiatry whatsoever!

I've been out of the loop for a while (Note: Dental School is demanding) but I was wondering if Vixen has applied/interviewed yet?
Just curious.
Juice

to Gavin:

LOL!!! Maybe they are trying to start a new specialty called dental podiatry... You know, for treating people who stick their foot in their mouth.. :D :D :D

Originally posted by juice_cruz
I've been out of the loop for a while (Note: Dental School is demanding) but I was wondering if Vixen has applied/interviewed yet?
Just curious.
Juice

Vixen hasn't posted anything of substance in this forum for quite some time (1 months, perhaps?). She is still posting in The Lounge on quite a regular basis, however.

I'm sure she is well into the application process, and I am also curious as to how she is doing.

Originally posted by ItsGavinC
Vixen hasn't posted anything of substance in this forum for quite some time (1 months, perhaps?).

In my last discussion with Vixen she said that she was no longer interested in dentistry. She found her niche in teaching. I wish her well. She has entertained all of us on this forumn and she will be missed. :rolleyes:

DesiDentist

why are you talking about me? stop the stalking :rolleyes: im not even submitting anymore fees or secondary apps, so stop the stalking please :rolleyes:

Originally posted by vixen
why are you talking about me? stop the stalking :rolleyes: im not even submitting anymore fees or secondary apps, so stop the stalking please :rolleyes:

Some people are just so INSECURE... (and it' not juice, gavin or desi);)

actually i didnt give up...im doing something i love...so what it took some time for me to realize it....im sorry i had to share it on the predental page...desi i know you being indian and all you would say "im giving up and now becoming a teacher"....not surprising at all :rolleyes: im just glad i can think and do for myself, and not fall into that cookie cutter indian group....seriously, if you people have problems with me because Im becoming a teacher, you most def have some issues....take care :clap:

Well on a brighter note, I got an interview invite from UOP. It is my first interview! I was getting a little worried that maybe I didn't apply to enough schools.

Applying to: UOP, UCSF, UCLA, UNLV, Arizona, & Creighton

Vixen,

Please don't stereotype what type of indian I am. I'm happy that you are doing what you love. You helped yourself and society. We have enough professionals who go into their profession for the wrong reasons. If you had gotten in this year, you would be one of them. Sometimes it takes time.

Honestly, you have no reason to be upset at us mentioning you. We did not say anything negative, but were just curious what you were upto since you had been so active on this forum. We wish you well.

DesiDentist

Fight, fight, (Zippy, congrats on the interview!) fight!

Just kidding. Vixen, good luck with your pursuits! Teaching (at every level) is certainly a noble venture. I also hope to teach one day!

I actually believe that much may be learned from your situation and outcome. You didn't get accepted the first go-round, and by applying yourself, taking post-bac classes, and keeping a cheery demeanor, you demonstrated to all of us the importance of persistence.

In an even bigger lesson, you found something which fullfilled you moreso than dentistry could have, and although you had put in several years towards attaining addmission to a dental school, you had the courage to recognize what it was that truly satisfied you. Congratulations -- I'm sure many other here, and in life, are wishing they had the fortitude to do what their heart tells them.

Vixen:

Hi, I am kind of new to this board, from what I hear you tried a few time for dental schools, I wonder what were your stats that they did not get in. Maybe I could be of some help. I have heard and known of people getting in with very weired stats.

conf88,

I would PM Vixen for that sort of question. She is very snappy as you might notice. You should search the Stats page, also.

DesiDentist

Originally posted by conf88
Vixen:

Hi, I am kind of new to this board, from what I hear you tried a few time for dental schools, I wonder what were your stats that they did not get in. Maybe I could be of some help. I have heard and known of people getting in with very weired stats.

conf88,

i pm'd you back! :)

Originally posted by vixen
actually i didnt give up...im doing something i love...so what it took some time for me to realize it....im sorry i had to share it on the predental page...desi i know you being indian and all you would say "im giving up and now becoming a teacher"....not surprising at all :rolleyes: im just glad i can think and do for myself, and not fall into that cookie cutter indian group....seriously, if you people have problems with me because Im becoming a teacher, you most def have some issues....take care :clap:

what racist nonsense post is this? :oops: one member asks what's up about another member and is branded as a 'stalker' and the other as a stereotyped indian. THE PURPOSE OF THIS BOARD IS TO ASK QUESTIONS AND SHARE ASPECTS OF OUR JOURNEY TO WHATEVER DESTINATION. no one has problems with what you do and actually I don't even care. But please don't violate the atmosphere of this forum by irresponsible comments.
How about this: the only cookie-cutter indians I have met are insecure, spoiled kids of doctor parents who think the world should shut up or speak when they want to... sounds offensive doesn't it??

Originally posted by DesiDentist
S
Vixen, you need to calm down. I don't know if you are having your period right now, but

DesiDentist

oh yeah crimson, and this is something appropriate right? :rolleyes:

i think that's enough of this thread....thanks for the well wishes gavin....good luck to you in whichever school you choose! and good luck w/your baby :)

Coming back to the topic -
Finally another interview invite.
Upitt (November 4). Will anybody else from this forum be there?

nothing in my mailbox for days :rolleyes:

Maybe tommorow...hopefully tommorow???

This is very exciting. I got an envelope today from NYU. Inside was a letter to someone else!
Hey Jeremy from West Seneca, NY?NYU has received your application and the admissions committee will be reviewing it soon.
Best of Luck.
EcoRI

Received interview invites yesterday from:

1. Tufts
2. NYU
3. Nova
4. UNLV

I got a secondary from University of Washington today!! Yay! Well, it's not an interview, but it certainly isn't a rejection either!!

Received an interview from University of Louisville for Nov. 11!:clap:

I'm going to Vegas! Just got my UNLV invitation today.

Congrats on your interview, and good luck!

Hey guys, just woke up from my trip to NOVA. Wow, i felt like it was a dream. Anyways, I got an interview invite from USC. I didn't even send them an app fee. Anyways, 40 some days left until December 1st. Hopefully, Christmas does come early for all of us.

DesiDentist

Received an interview at Pitt yesterday!

Received an interview from BU yesterday.

I received an interview from BU today.

KorgTuner

Oh yeah!

I received an interview from the University of Washington today!!....my number one choice!!!

(Someone is smiling down upon me from the heavens!)

Received an interview from UCLA

It has been a very good day today!

A interview at NYU
A 96 on a midterm
And a new love!
I wonder what tomorrow holds!