Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

Did anyone recently apply to St. George's/Ross?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Shejeboshease, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Shejeboshease

Shejeboshease Member
    10+ Year Member

I recently submitted my appliacation to these two schools in the caribbean. Its probably too late now? I was wondering if any you recent applicants have been invited for an interview and when did you submit your application?

2. DrVanNostran

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I didn't apply but am familiar with the process. Really depends on your stats for an interview timeline, but they are pretty prompt. Call the New York number and ask about your status.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. medmania

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I applied at the begining of Jan for Ross, starting in May. I got an invite about two an a half weeks after my application was complete. I already went on my interview and I'm just waiting. Hope that helps. The person who interviewed me mentioned there were still spots open in both the May and Sept. class.

good luck

4. OP
    OP
    Shejeboshease

Shejeboshease Member
    10+ Year Member

what are your stats? did you go to both dominica and grenanda for interview?

5. sendwich

sendwich you rock!
    10+ Year Member

i applied to ross and sgu last fall for may spots. it's a pretty straightforward process. i thought sgu was more organized and got back to me quicker regarding an interview. if you can, go to sgu over ross. seems like sgu has a better program and doesn't do as much a "weeding out" as much as ross does (although there definitely is weeding going on).

6. lsumedgirl

lsumedgirl Livin' the dream!
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I applied for Ross in October, interviewed in November, got accepted for the January class, but I was able to defer to May. If they've had your application for quite a while, you may want to call the NJ office and ask if they've had a chance to review it yet. Once you interview, the process moves pretty quickly.

I've heard that they May class is full, but that may just be a rumor. And I'm sure that some people will drop, too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. lsumedgirl

lsumedgirl Livin' the dream!
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I don't know where the interview for SGU is. The interviews for Ross are held in their regional offices here in the US. Mine was held in Miami. The other offices are in CA and NJ.

8. Anjlprincezz

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    i applied to ross in feb (for sept) and was complete a week later.. now im justwaiting