did anyones ever have to use the law of cosines?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thedarkhorse

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
did anybody that took the DAT already have a problem where they were required to use the law of cosines? it seems to be too long of a problem to do...

Members don't see this ad.

I did not see one... all of my trig problems were pretty basic. I don't think they would test that deep.

If they did throw one in there, you should go about it smartly. Randomly pick an answer, mark it, and move on! Your objective is to nail all the easy questions first then go back and spend time on the harder/longer ones at the end.

I did not see one... all of my trig problems were pretty basic. I don't think they would test that deep.

If they did throw one in there, you should go about it smartly. Randomly pick an answer, mark it, and move on! Your objective is to nail all the easy questions first then go back and spend time on the harder/longer ones at the end.

thanks a lot. now i understand that if i don't know an answer i should skip it and move on, and then come back to it. but are we allowed to go back to questions that we answered already? like to say that if i wanted to guess and answer and then come back if i had time, that would be doable?

i didnt see any of those problems on my test either. and yes you can go back to any question that you have already answered/left unanswered however its only for that particular section.
say youre on the qr section, u can flip back and forth thru any of these questions but u cannot go back to the science section or pat etc. once the sections over (the alloted time ran out), you cannot go back

Members don't see this ad :)
i didnt see any of those problems on my test either. and yes you can go back to any question that you have already answered/left unanswered however its only for that particular section.
say youre on the qr section, u can flip back and forth thru any of these questions but u cannot go back to the science section or pat etc. once the sections over (the alloted time ran out), you cannot go back

thanks a lot for your help :)

Yeah, I took the DAT about a year ago and never remember using the law of cosines. To be honest I don't even remember what that law is.. LOL