• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Did Covid-19 Leak from a Lab?

Butters Stotch

2+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2018
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
Hello I thought I would post this here as a lot of intelligent people run across this forum on a daily basis. Came across this article: and I feel like I'm going crazy starting to believe it was leaked from a lab. I was still skeptical until I cam across the idea of how ready to go the virus was when it was exposed to humans. Usually don't zoonotic jumps from viruses to a new host take month's to years to complete? (source: https://mmbr.asm.org/content/mmbr/72/3/457.full.pdf). Would love to get your guys opinion on it.

Last edited:

Sephirakra

2+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2017
  1. Medical Student
Hello I thought I would post this here as a lot of intelligent people run across this forum on a daily basis. Came across this article: and I feel like I'm going crazy starting to believe it was leaked from a lab. I was still skeptical until I cam across the idea of how ready to go the virus was when it was exposed to humans. Usually don't viruses take month's to years to complete? (source: https://mmbr.asm.org/content/mmbr/72/3/457.full.pdf). Would love to get your guys opinion on it.
No, it didn't leak from a lab.

Reactions: 1 user

Tenk

10+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2007
  1. Attending Physician
I’m pretty sure this season of South Park will tell us everything we need to know about covid. Honestly, I don’t envy Trey and Matt right now. 2020 has been a complete **** show. I don’t know how they will even begin to make sense of it.

Reactions: 3 users
About the Ads
Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
  1. Non-Student
Nope...it was a bat virus, got to humans via an intermediate host like a pangolin (look it up). The virus in it's sequence has not a hint of any genetic engineering.

And no, it didn't come from outer space either (and yes, I really had to explain to a FB friend why this notion was utter cow excrement).

Reactions: 3 users
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.