Did I get shafted by TBR physics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JLeBling

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I bought my TBR book set second hand because of the long shipping times for buying brand new.

The Org Chem and Gen Chem books are newer editions (2011-2012) and there are a total of 100 questions at the end of every section.

My Physics book (2009) however, is a ghetto looking book that looks like it was home made. It is blue with black electrical-tape-esque binding. The problem is that there are only 70 questions at the end of every passage!!!

Do the newer editions have this issue? Did I get shafted in the batty or what?

Members don't see this ad.

I bought my TBR book set second hand because of the long shipping times for buying brand new.

The Org Chem and Gen Chem books are newer editions (2011-2012) and there are a total of 100 questions at the end of every section.

My Physics book (2009) however, is a ghetto looking book that looks like it was home made. It is blue with black electrical-tape-esque binding. The problem is that there are only 70 questions at the end of every passage!!!

Do the newer editions have this issue? Did I get shafted in the batty or what?

That physics book was a temporary printing from a time when the new physics book was getting its final touches. It lacks in a few chapters (E&M most notably) and the latest version has some passages that represent the more current style of the MCAT. It'll be fine, but if you see a later edition pop up, it'd be worth getting it.

Not to bring more bad news, but that organic book is also a little outdated, although it looks shiny and non-ghetto. The most recent version omitted some reactions that while technically being fair game just aren't very likely to show (the sugars chapter especially). It also updated many passages and replaced some older ones with newer ones.

Do the newer physics books have 100 questions per section? Maybe I will buy it if it does. That would be an extra 300 questions!