Did I just $#&! myself?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Whatever... don't listen to people who say that isn't a tough course-load. Of course it is. People here are masochistic and neurotic. Just do better next semester. Good luck.

:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Knowing the material is the easy part. The classes definitely do not give you an edge. You can learn all the material that the MCAT requires in 2 months regardless of previous knowledge.

Guitar I find that exceedingly difficult to believe. How can one who has taken no general chemistry or biology for that matter do well on the Mcat? Care to elaborate?

It sounds rough but if those are the only 3 classes you are taking during the semester, it is unlikely adcoms will be that sympathetic. Regardless of how difficult your course load seems, remember that med school will be more difficult.

That said, a 3.5 this semester doesn't mean you've blown your chances on getting accepted. As long as you have been doing well and continue to do so after this semester, I don't see any reason to panic.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's not even close to a tough courseload.

Why do experienced students completely ignore the fact that the difficulty of pre-reqs is determined by the professor? Sometimes you get lucky with professors who do ridiculous things like drop entire exams, and sometimes you get that orgo professor who gives exams that consist entirely of four synthesis problems with almost no partial credit.

Wow. What is this, a transcript pissing contest? :thumbdown:

Getting accepted is ultimately up to how you advertise yourself, your charisma, and persistence, given that you have at least a reasonable GPA/MCAT pair...Don't forget your potential future professors want to see that you have a life outside of textbooks, science, and medicine. What patient do you think wants to hear you recite the table of contents of your orgo book? None.

Good luck OP.

Thanks to everybody who contributed. I appreciate all the advice. I guess I was just worried cause that 3.5 will be over 15 credit hours which is a pretty large chunk of your science/math gpa. People are correct in that it differs greatly from professor to professor. Even within my school the difference from one professor to another is tremendous. My orgo teacher is very demanding (finds a way to weave a ton of different concepts into a single question so you can know 90% of whats going on and get no credit for the question). You basically have to know absolutely everything to do well in that class. On the flip side it forces you to study very hard for the class and I suppose if a slightly worse grade in a class due to a demanding professor bumps me a few points on the MCAT it was worth it. Also, it's really the labs that are so damn time consuming. I swear those 3 credit hours of labs are twice as much work as the 12 credit hours of lecture. If I only had the 3 lectures it would be a walk in the park.

Sometimes I am truly blown away by the blatant arrogance on SDN. You all plan on being selfless physicians but you can't seem to pull your head out of your rear-end. Comparing relative difficulties in undergraduate schedules .. Congratulations, you guys are really cool.

Seems like a solidly difficult schedule to me to be honest (assuming you have other courses), especially because those labs will take a lot of your time.

"Come on, man"

:bow: