Did I Mess Up (and what to do next)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

myrealname

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I'm a junior microbiology major/soc minor hoping to take the mcat jan 16. I studied lightly over the summer, mostly khan academy videos, psych soc document, and some CARS passages on jack westin. Then in august I started content review, 2 chapters a day from Kaplan (different subjects) everyday, a few CARS passages, and some flashcards for psych soc. I finished content and planned to start questions...but mid-oct school started to go horribly and virtual school sapped my energy and i stopped studying for a month and a half. (I managed to fix my grades and I think i still have a 4.0). I plan to start back tomorrow with a full length, Uworld questions, and then AAMC questions. What should I be doing for the 7 weeks I have? What's reasonable? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely start with a practice test to see where you're at (you'll titrate the rest of your plan to it). Sounds like you're doing well with review, questions are certainly the way to go!

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Reactions: 1 user
you should be doing full-lengths, do the 3 AAMC FL's last & get more from a testing company first. I did 9 FL's from Kaplan and they're good + 3 AAMC. Just know the company FL's will heavily deflate your score.

Reactions: 1 user
update I took a practice test and did fairly okay! much better than my diagnostic exam. I really messed up bio/biochem so that's what I'm going to focus on, thanks everyone!